Author Topic: Bread baking club ~ recipe #6  (Read 2981 times)

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Bread baking club ~ recipe #6
« on: Jan 05, 2009, 03:03:21 PM »
Happy new year! Time to start up the bread baking club again, after the holiday break.

This time I went on a hunt for a good cinnamon raisin bread. I think this one is a real winner. Not too sweet by itself, so you can pile on the sweet jams and such. Or, you can be like us and use it to make french toast. It made the best I've ever had.  :grinnnn:

It also has oatmeal in it, so it's a bit healthier than a plain white cinnamon raisin bread.

Give it a try!

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/cinnamonraisinoatmealbread

It does make three regular sized loaves...one to eat, one to make french toast, and one to share.  :BigGrin:

« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2009, 03:16:50 PM by barleychown »
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Bread baking club ~ recipe #6
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »
That looks like a really good one.  I wish I had seen it before I went shopping cuz I think I am out of wheat flour.  Cannot wait to try this out.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »
that recipe looks way to scary for me.  But thanks for finding one that is cinnamon and raisin.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »
duh, it really wasn't hard at all. Several others we have done have been much harder.

If you look down in the comments section on the link I posted, someone has been kind enough to break the recipe in half, and into single loaf measurements.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »
Looks great Sarah.  :ThumbUp:....i have a breadmaker and i just love it  :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:...and it actaully turns out for me....no more hockey pucks  :Yahoo: :laughmao: :laughmao: :laughmao: :laughmao:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:47:18 AM »
I was so excited to try this that I went digging around in my cupboards at 6:20 this morning (I get up and make Adam breakfast before he showers).  Much to my disappointment, my box of raisins contained, maybe, 10 raisins.  Darn IT!  Definitely will be trying this after payday, when I can get some more raisins!!  Adam is going to love Raisin bread french toast...

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »
Sarah, I'm sure it will be a big hit in your house as well. If you guys really like raisins, you may want to add more, as I ended up with between 5 and 10 per slice.

Penny, I bet if you followed the recipe for one loaf, you could do this one in your breadmaker. :ThumbUp:

Offline notherdigger

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »
     Now that really looks like a good project, a complicated one but certainly challanging and worth the effort in the end........hopefully. :yesssss: :542:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2009, 11:55:44 PM »
If you guys really like raisins, you may want to add more, as I ended up with between 5 and 10 per slice.

I, umm, hate raisins.  When I was 10 I made these really good raisin sandwich cookie things, my grandmother's recipe, and I ate 2 entire batches of raisin filling.  2 batches!   :o  I was sick for days and everyone in the house was very angry with me 'cause we only had 1 bathroom...  I can barely look at raisins with getting nauseated.   :Smileystop:  Kids and hubs love them though, so they will enjoy it!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:28:54 AM »
I am thinking about any substitutes, Sarah. Do you do currants, dates, prunes, dried apricots, etc? Are those on your nausea list too? Or make a loaf without any raisins at all just for you. Just divide out your loaf before adding the raisins and proof it separately. 
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:16:35 AM »

Penny, I bet if you followed the recipe for one loaf, you could do this one in your breadmaker. :ThumbUp:

Thats true  :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:....i just love my breadmaker now!!  :yay_jump: :yay_jump: :yay_jump:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:38:47 AM »
I will be making this with the girls today.  I am thinking they're going to have it as french toast tomorrow morning.  I just need to balance the check book, write out the bills, and start up new  filing for this year (Adam cleaned and re-organized everything out this past weekend so I'm good to go). 

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »
I hope you guys have fun doing it! Be sure to get the raisins soaking early.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »
That just sounds so gross.  Soak raisins.  LIke they need a bath or something!

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »
Well only after about ten million almost-starts, I finally have my raisins soaking.  I noticed the stinkin' gram issue, thankfully I have a scale and can just weigh everything! 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal