Author Topic: Freedom!  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Tonya

Freedom!
« on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:33:54 AM »
Well- I let the chicken out(still have to name her) and finally managed to get Quatro out(had to pick him up and lift him out. The chicken is doing well- getting used to the roosters and other chickens and all....Quatro is another story! I had to put him back in the chicken tractor.....he attacked my roosters. Not sure if he was actually fighting with them or if he was trying to mate with them.  :unsure: Either way- I am gonna have to get him his own place to be.  Silly duck!  :Groaner: I have pics and will upload them in a bit.

Offline Tonya

Re: Freedom!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
Quatro before(like RIGHT before) he got latched onto Thunder...

Quatro before I lifted him out of the chicken tractor

My new hen- she wasn't out of the tractor for more than 2 minutes and Lightening was already trying to "woo" her! :giggle:

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2009, 09:53:25 AM by Tonya »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:56:11 AM »
I'm thinking Quatro is a little jealous of Thunder. Great pictures.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Tonya

« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
Yeah- I think he wants to make sure Thunder knows he is the alpha male... We are talking about getting him a female muscovy to hang out with and maybe he will leave my roosters alone. He is so big I am afraid he will do some serious damage to them

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:14:47 PM »
In general, my ducks move slower than my chickens. However, I don't have any roosters, and while Louie, my first drake, was sort of the head male, Bogey, my drake now, has no intrest in being the head male, and regularly gets put in his place by the boss hen.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Tonya

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »
These two BOTH want to be the dominant one.  :Groaner: I am afraid of the damage that would be done if I left Quatro loose. Since he is the one I can catch- he is the one penned up until I can figure out what to do. I hate it for him, tho- I was sooo looking forward to letting him loose to run and play.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »
Maybe once he has someone of his own kind to hang out with he will loose intrest in the chickens. I was just out watching my girls and the ducks are in a completely different part of the yard, like normal.

I hope you can make it work for him! He sure is a neat looking bird.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »
Too funny!!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »
Have you found Quatro a mate yet, Tonya, or has he picked out one of the hens to be his "permanent" girl? :giggle:

I thought he was sort of odd looking when I "met" him, but really didn't realize I was looking at your new duck, instead of another chicken. :Blush: I guess I was thinking chicken since he was in the tractor with one when I first saw him.... ::)

Have you been able to let him out of the tractor to roam at will yet? :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tonya

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:45:10 AM »
He is free to roam now. We haven't gotten him a mate yet, but may soon- it all depends on Doug's job situation. :ThumbUp: He is the alpha male of my little menagerie for sure! :giggle: Even Thunder(my dominant rooster) gives him a wide berth. Only took one good whoopin' from Quatro to convince all of them that he could do whatever he wants! :giggle: I have some pics I need to upload soon of him out and about. :ThumbUp:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal