Author Topic: When did you first believe in the superatural?  (Read 3956 times)

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
When did you first believe in the superatural?
« on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:47:11 AM »
What prompted the interest?

For me, it was when I was 8, when I was 'attacked' by something in a dream (I will post about it soon, remind me).  Ever since, I have wanted to understand.
You can't miss me, I am the tall, cuddly giant with a maniacial physicist look on his face

Offline UNCLEG

Re: When did you first believe in the superatural?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »
I think I always did believe just always knew there was something out there,  My parents always referred to me as their spookey child, they are all non believers in the SN.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
I cannot remember not believing.  It certainly was not a choice I made, just something that always was.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2009, 07:25:30 PM »
Don't know. I have always believed... When I was little, I thought it was fact, not a belief, like the stop sign down the road.  I was much older before I realized that it was something not everyone agreed with.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2009, 01:28:50 PM »
I have always believed, but became more interested when I saw my first real spirit.
This is me ->?

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2009, 11:32:17 PM »
For me I started to believe in the 1980 something after comming back from a christmas get together, I became more intrested when I saw  a site on the internet.
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »
Same here, i cant remember "not" believing, its trying to figure out and explain somthing when your mind tells you that it cant be true, but you know it is.

Tami

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2009, 01:44:44 PM »
For me personally, I haven't seen or experienced anything that is supernatural. I'm more open to the possibility that there could be..........

Offline desirey

• The Brat
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2009, 02:35:50 AM »
I guess it was when i was a kid and my babysitters were playing the homemade OUIJA board my mom had. Some weird stuff happened then and we had a bad spirit in our house u could feel watching you. 

Offline Liz

« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2009, 09:18:49 PM »
 :SmileyQmarks: Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. << Not  sure  what that means,,  But  I'll take my chance??

When  Did  I  first  believe??

It  had  to be  around  2 or  3  grade    I remember  seeing  shadows  out of the corner  of my  eye and feeling  a presence  behind me  or  to the side  of me   many  times     and still do  today.  I remember  looking   but nothing  was  there  when I'd fully  focus in the  direction  I sensed  it  or  saw  a shadow,,  Only  as  an  adult had  a  realized     it had to be a spirit,,  but  the  feeling  of presence  has  always  been  with me,,,  I  remember  asking my mother  many times  as  a young    child  is  someone here playing  hide  and seek??

Of course  her answer was  always  No,,,,  but  I know    what  I saw,,!
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2009, 09:31:43 PM by Jim »
"An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."
Charles  Dickens

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »
What prompted the interest?

For me, it was when I was 8, when I was 'attacked' by something in a dream (I will post about it soon, remind me).  Ever since, I have wanted to understand.

This is your reminder, Damien! :giggle:

I guess this is another one of those topics that I meant to get back to since I don't see that I have replied in it... ::)

The first time I started believing in ghosts was when I saw one. :o From what I was told, it was my great-grandmother... :unsure:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
« Reply #11 on: Aug 05, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »
LOL - I shall post it in Ghost Stories - it will have the title: 'One night back when I was a youngin'
You can't miss me, I am the tall, cuddly giant with a maniacial physicist look on his face

Offline william a

• Newest
« Reply #12 on: Aug 05, 2009, 10:56:54 PM »
Must a been 9 or 10 one night on my way to the privy out by the barn I saw something stalking beside me through the trees and brush. Well I run all the way back to the house when I could talk I told pa what i had seen he said they was just the spirits of the Mogollon probably make sure you aint hurt. Said they have been here for hunderds of years and try to scare people away. Also seen Victoria the great Apache chief and Nana once in a while ole Geronimo  puts in a appearance. Every so often you can hear a old horse herd run through the trees guess some varmint ghost is after them.

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »
the horse herd could be a residual haunting.  The other sprits sound like guardians

Offline Liz

« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2009, 07:41:41 PM »
the horse herd could be a residual haunting.  The other sprits sound like guardians

I Agree
"An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."
Charles  Dickens

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #15 on: Sep 22, 2009, 09:59:06 PM »
Don't know. I have always believed... When I was little, I thought it was fact, not a belief, like the stop sign down the road.  I was much older before I realized that it was something not everyone agreed with.
i still think it is a fact.  kinda like gravity or the earth being round.  some folks still don't believe in those.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal