Author Topic: broken wings - healing the spirit within  (Read 2644 times)

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
broken wings - healing the spirit within
« on: Feb 06, 2009, 06:10:25 AM »
We al have had broken wings - where our spirit has been bruised and battered, when we feel that we have crashed, painfully, to Earth.

So what is to be done, when you are lying there, hurt, on the ground - unable to fly as your wings have been broken.  You may not realise it, but you are at a crossroads - with an important decision to make.

Either way, asyour wings are broken, you are going to have to walk this path that so many before have, and after will tread.  Make a decision and make it quick...

The decisions are simply to start the long road to recovery or to continue in the dark lonely existence.

When you walk on the path to recovery, know this - you are not ever alone.

As a teacher, I see so many 'broken wings' - teenagers who have either started to or have gone much of the way in giving up on life - that is another reason I chose not to remain 'fallen' - because maybe, just maybe I can walk with them out of the darkness...at least until their wings have healed and they can fly again.
You can't miss me, I am the tall, cuddly giant with a maniacial physicist look on his face

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Re: broken wings - healing the spirit within
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2009, 10:57:27 AM »
I think every human on earth goes through this. Sometimes it's from a situation beyond our control, sometimes it's from the choices we have made. Whatever the reason, it hurts. Sometimes it's a major set-back, sometimes it's but a bump in the road.

You are very correct when you say it's a decision that you, and you alone, have to make. No one can force you to rise up out of the puddle of self-pity and begin walking again. You must make the choice yourself, and sometimes that choice must be made over and over and over again.

Healing is by no means an easy process, and I'm sure everyone heals differently. For me, I find the most comfort in the things that I love...the animal I picked up when it was broken, the plant I have nurtured from a seed, the world I have created for myself.

Walking with another fallen soul is a hard task. I admire you for doing it.

Be kind to those who you meet in life, for you never know what burdens they carry.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2009, 11:35:12 AM »
Beautiful words Damien.

While I do agree that our decisions to pick ourselves up and walk are ours and ours alone I believe also that the path we walk is full of those willing to walk with us for a while.  They may not carry us along but they certainly make the walk easier to bear.  Oftentimes it is a word or a smile that lightens our heart, a hug or a helping hand but I fully believe that we are never in the darkness alone if only we can reach out to the light that others provide.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »
I have a friend who showed me this site to show to another friend who was having a hard time. It looks like a helpful place...
http://www.enotalone.com/forum/index.php

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »
Pretty interesting site, Wrennie.
This is me ->?

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
As I was growing up and kinda down at times what my dad told me stuck with me, he thought i never listened..  :BigGrin: My dad told me you will make decision in your life and, sometimes you fall. But, life is too short to stay down, just pick yourself up and walk on..and learn from your mistakes.  To me that sounds like a short version of what Fallen said in his/ your post... but just in Langford terms...
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal