Author Topic: Witching Hour info  (Read 2009 times)

Offline UNCLEG

Witching Hour info
« on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:50:17 PM »
I just found this info on Wikkapedia,
 " In European folklore, the witching hour is the time when supernatural creatures such as witches, demons and ghosts are thought to be at their most powerful, and black magic at its most effective. This hour is typically midnight, and the term may now be used to refer to midnight, or any late hour, even without having the associated superstitious beliefs. The term "witching hour" can also refer to the period from midnight to 3am, while "devils hour" refers to the time around 3am."

I did a little other reading on net the Witching hour apperas to vary from tradition to tradition, also the term was first used in Mary Shelly's Frankenstien.

Posted hear because I did not want to hijack Tammi's post.

Later,

G

Tami

Re: Witching Hour info
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:50:52 PM »
uncleG, I wouldn't have minded if you posted there. So did the info tell how to tell which kind of entity was present, and how to stop its harassment? just wondering, so if I ever do encounter such a thing.............

Offline UNCLEG

Re: Witching Hour info
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2009, 07:28:53 AM »
no sorry Tami, it did not go into specifics, I'm sure there are some knowledgeable folks on here who could point you in the direction of the right resources.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal