Author Topic: mama gladiolus  (Read 2095 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
mama gladiolus
« on: Jun 06, 2009, 08:27:05 AM »
I had this beautiful purple and white glad that was putting out a bunch of tiny baby glads until today.  Something dug it up. 

Without knowning what I'm doing I seperated it as best i could and anything that looked like it had at least a bit of root I replanted.  I hope some of them survive. 

That really hurts.  I guess I'll have to save up and get one of those sonic rodent repellers.  I really don't want to have dead rodents in the yard from poison.  To many of my neighbors let their pets run loose.   

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
Re: mama gladiolus
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2009, 09:28:47 PM »
wonder what dug it up and why?  Was any of your other stuff bothered?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2009, 06:19:21 AM »
I think it's a rabbit.  I've seen it over there a couple of times when I've been heading towards the shed.

I bought some repel all and in the process of spraying it all over the hose came off and sprayed me.  So I shouldn't be bothered by any animals for the next two months.  Boy was it stinky.

It was eating the dill also so I sprayed everything just in case it thought to munch on anything else.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2009, 08:46:11 PM »
duh, you made me laugh out loud.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2009, 05:38:51 AM »
I'm glad you got a laugh. 

Your really going to appreciate this.  I locked myself out of my house yesterday and went over to a neighbors to use her phone.  She had kittens that she was taking to the pound.  So I brought one home.  And she hates me or the smell.  She has cried all night long.  Maybe it's the repel all and she'll stop after 2 months. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
hahahahahaha.  You're a good woman though to bring home the kitty.  Maybe it's not your stinky self but that she misses her brothers and sisters.  What did you name her?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »
Isis' Shadow.  I'm reading an Elizabeth Peters novel and couldn't resist.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal