Author Topic: Isis' Shadow  (Read 5466 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Isis' Shadow
« on: Jun 15, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
Well the little gray kitten that I brought home hasn't stopped mewing yet.  I've got to say that the noise isn't all that welcome.  I've never had a kitten before.  Are they all this noisy?  Or is she missing her mom and siblings? 

She still runs from me if I stand up but if I'm lying down she'll come and play right beside me.  She won't play with me yet but I'm sure that will come with time. 

She doesn't appear to be to physically coordinated.  Is that normal for kittens or has she got a problem.  It doesn't appear that her front and back ends are always in sync.

I appreciate your help with this.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Re: Isis' Shadow
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2009, 09:35:14 AM »
She is missing her mom. Do you know how old she is? What are you feeding her?

Physical cordination comes with age, and play. Most baby animals are very ungraceful for a time.

I'm sure you are going to enjoy her in time.  :grinnnn:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »
Sounds like a typical kitten Tammy.  She will become both graceful and quiet.  Sounds like she needs a lil stuffed toy.  Kittens do like those. 

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »
Well today she ate her purina one kitty food and some water.  She informed me she preferred the milk to the water.  She then decided that I was ok as a pet human and that my chest made a good area to get petted from.  She even purred for a short while. 

Of course attacking my arm from the floor was not good.  She's got sharp little claws. 

Thanks for the advice and all.  I'll need it dealing with a kitten.  I'm used to tom cats.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
Most kittens(and all baby animals) are uncoordinated... sounds like you have a great little kitten!! In time she will make a great cat for you! For a long time- she will attack anything that moves.... Hope you both adjust soon!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
I know I'm crazy but I believe in training cats.  I've always had well mannered animals and I may be to old to change.  When she attacks me she gets told know and when she attacked the vase of flowers she got told no.  The plants are also off limits.  She seems to learn pretty well.  Although the amaryllis leaves are a real temptation to her.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »
Tammy, my pets are also trained.  Piper knows that she is not allowed in the kitchen and for the most part she does not go in there.  My cats always left my plants alone.  A water bottle is good for that because you can give them a squirt and it does not hurt them at all but does teach them to stay away.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2009, 06:26:15 AM »
I've never had to squirt a cat to train them.  I just own the area.  A couple of times of that and they usually leave it alone.   But thank you for the suggestion.  I may need it for the kitten.  She's not quite as quick as the tom cats I'm used to.  I'm sure it's just because she is a baby.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2009, 08:25:03 PM »
I use a squirt bottle to shut my cats up.  They get to yowling and just won't quit because when I'm not looking, my girls will feed them.  Arg!! 

Be careful with giving Isis' Shadow milk, most cats are allergic to it and it could make him vomit or give him diarrhea. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2009, 07:37:54 AM »
I keep the milk to a tiny amount. 

Isis' Shadow has been confirmed she is a he lol. 

We're currently working on the dinningroom table being off limits.

So far he has destroyed two plants.  He got the epi.  I'm assuming I just wasn't ment to have one of those.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »
Well today was the first time shadow got stepped on.  He's been doing the cat thing where they get right underneath your feet and today I didn't see him when I got up from the computer.  His hiss sounds very odd.  It reminds me of a steam leak with very little pressure behind it. 

It looks like the epi is going to try and survive his attack from last week.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Shadow's Cinderella Complex
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2009, 07:38:26 AM »
Shadow is my little kitty.  He is developing some mighty strange behaviors.  The latest one definitely struck my funny bone.

Cinderella had her glass slippers and Shadow has his glass bed.  You wonder what I mean by that?  Well I have a cabinet in my entryway.  On it I have a shallow glass bowl for keys and things.  Well not anymore.  Shadow noses out whatever is in it and then uses it as his bed.  He is so funny.  I just thought I would share that.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »
Shadow is my little kitty.  He is developing some mighty strange behaviors.  The latest one definitely struck my funny bone.

Cinderella had her glass slippers and Shadow has his glass bed.  You wonder what I mean by that?  Well I have a cabinet in my entryway.  On it I have a shallow glass bowl for keys and things.  Well not anymore.  Shadow noses out whatever is in it and then uses it as his bed.  He is so funny.  I just thought I would share that.
What a cute story.  I like cats.  Have a few of my own.  Dogs too.  But that is another story.  and Shadow is a nice name for a gray kitty.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
I knew if I started to work on the garden in front when shadow was outside he would discover the front yard and he did.  That worries me.  Even though the house is 100 feet from the street he could easily get runover.  I guess I'll just have to pray for him everyday because he does love to be outside.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:38:47 AM »
Shadow has fallen in love with the vacumn cleaner.  What do I mean by that?  I left out the vacumn cleaner the last time i used it.  I didn't roll up the cord.  So now shadow lays down inside the circle the cord makes and puts one paw on the vacumn cleaner.  It looks just adorable.  The other day he was stretched out in front of it trying to get it to pet him. 

I am horribly tempted to plug it in when he isn't looking and the next time he stretches out in front of it to turn it on.  I know I'm mean.  My only defense is that I haven't done it.  I've just thought about it.

I was driving down the road yesterday and I think I saw shadows father.  He was solid gray with golden eyes.  I'd have thought it was shadow but he doesn't have the stripes and he wasn't wearing a collar.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »
We had one of those, wish I had a movie camara days today.  Shadow was yowling to go outside.  He makes a rare pain of himself when he isn't getting his way.  So I let him out on the back deck.  You can tell he is a kitten sometimes and today was one of those.  He was out there stalking the snow and then pouncing on it.  I let him stay out for about 15 minutes.  I'm afraid he'll get frostbite.  If it warms up good this afternoon I'll clean of the railing for him and let him stay out longer.  He so likes it outside.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #16 on: Jul 06, 2011, 11:35:36 PM »
The very first question I asked in this thread has been answered.  Shadow meows constantly.  And for the last 36 or so hours I have been in the house with him, it has not been pleasant.  I can't let him out because the last time he was out he got chomped on by something and has a huge gash in his hind left leg.  Until he can run fast again I can't let him out.  He doesn't appreciate my plan one little bit and meows constantly.  I could use a good tranquilizer right about now. 

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #17 on: Jul 07, 2011, 01:50:08 AM »
Is the tranquilizer for him or for you?
I am sorry, Tammy. I hope he heals fast so you can get some peace.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: Jul 07, 2011, 04:16:34 AM »
Is the tranquilizer for him or for you?
I am sorry, Tammy. I hope he heals fast so you can get some peace.
I agree with Tina.  Ouch for/both of you.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #19 on: Jul 07, 2011, 06:42:06 AM »
Shadow sounds like he has cabin fever and you have a noise overload. Hope his leg heals fast so both of you can relax...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #20 on: Jul 07, 2011, 07:07:42 AM »
He has had cabin fever since the day he moved in.  He is just a very talkative cat.  It's just that I can't stand a bunch of noise with the aspergers.  I too hope he heals quickly.  I've been thinking about applying neosporin to his wound to help it heal but I think he would just lick it off.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: Jul 07, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
If it doesn't look infected, I would leave it alone and let nature heal it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal