Author Topic: New additions... part 2  (Read 2613 times)

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
New additions... part 2
« on: Sep 18, 2009, 10:29:59 AM »
The goats have lived with us for 16 months now. I really enjoy them and even without producing milk they fill quite a role here.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: New additions... part 2
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »
I have lived with a couple of old goats, but they sure weren't as cute as Sarah's. Those babies are adorable
This is me ->?

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2009, 10:48:53 AM »
They really are cute, and they know how to use that cute to their advantage.   :laughmao:

Tina was very correct in the last thread, though...pets, any pets, require a lot of work and attention. At the VERY minimum I spent a half hour a day with the goats, day in, day out, every single day of the year. They need attention, grooming, and entertainment. Every few days I change around the toys and stuff in their pens so they have new things to explore. Every day they get a new tote full of greens (weeds, garden debris, tree limbs, ect.) morning and night.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2009, 06:53:15 PM »
He/She (which one is that?) looks like he's telling you "enough with the camera already!"  :laughmao:

So very cute. I couldn't keep up with them.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
Cleo and Chloe are both girls, I think, Barb. That is why she had to let them visit elsewhere when they were in "season". It didn't take though, I don't believe... :grinnnn:

One day I plan on meeting those goats face to face. Wonder if I could hide them in my suitcase... :giggle:
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2009, 10:28:11 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »
Duh...  :SlapSelf: I knew that if I'd have thought about it.  :giggle:
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2009, 08:33:43 PM »
Dianna is correct, they are both girls. We are looking to set up another "date" for them in December/January so they would deliver in the better weather of spring.

Dianna, if you plan on running off with them, you better bring a BIG soundproof suitcase!  :laughmao:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal