Author Topic: What is that noise???  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
What is that noise???
« on: Sep 27, 2009, 08:45:08 AM »
]Thursday, I was in a neighboring store. Came back in mine and heard a rustling in the third room back. Thought it was flip flops, then as I walked into room 2 i thought, no its a seed bag rustling. As I entered the doorway, what do I see???

A HAWK! A freaking hawk is fluttering on my back window trying to get out! Holey crock of potatoes!
So, i go to open the window, explain to him and his razor sharp talons, that I'm opening the window so he can get out,and please don't decide I'm an enemy that has to be 'taught a lesson', and he decides to fly past me, at which time I clenched up & closed my eyes hoping to come out unscathed, and out the front door! My neighbor yells into the store 'Nancy did you see that?!!!'
(uh yeah)
Then a few hours later i go in the back and there sits the sparrow he was chasing! She was peeking out with a 'is it gone' look to her face. I tried to get close to be sure she was ok and she ran past me and apparently flew out the front door too. I couldn't find her so i left some seed & water out overnight but it was untouched and there was no 'sign' of her anywhere the next day.
t was soooo cool. I wanted to pet him! lol! I woulda' got hurt!And I wanted a picture, but I was more concerned with him getting out unhurt. When he left he landed on the roof of the building next door. I came out and he looked at me, was he asking where'd his lunch go? Maybe, then flew off.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: What is that noise???
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2009, 10:13:56 AM »
Not one, but two birds in the store? :yikes: I bet it startled you.

Glad that both of them made it back outside unscathed, and I am sure glad that it didn't hurt you in the process. :ThumbUp:

I never thought about hawks preying on other birds for some reason. I wouldn't have thought that they would be cannibals... :thspeechless-vi:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: What is that noise???
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »
Yup, hawks and owls eat smaller birds.

Startled, yup, major startle factor.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal