Author Topic: Any Idea What This Is? [Solved] Impatiens Balsamina  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Any Idea What This Is? [Solved] Impatiens Balsamina
« on: Oct 04, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »
This plant belongs to my next-door neighbors (Amanda's mom and dad). I plant-sat while they went on a working holiday to NY and it bloomed while I had it. They don't have a clue what it is and I thought I would try to find out for them. They received it after Amanda died...

Sorry that the pics are so blurry looking. I took it right before they took it home with them... :grinnnn:
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2009, 10:18:44 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: Any Idea What This Is?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2009, 10:54:27 PM »
i know, but the brain isn't working.  i'll let you know when it comes back to life!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2009, 11:07:12 PM »
Is it a double impatien? :unsure:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »
Were the leaves fuzzy or smooth?
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »
yes, i believe it is dianna.  and sarah is right.  that should tell you.  ellie had one and she loved it.  reminded me of a mini rose that grew better and looked better!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2009, 07:32:07 AM »
They were smooth, Sarah.:grinnnn:

It was potted up into a huge pot. Barbara said that it hadn't bloomed since she got it and then it bloomed for me a week or so before they got home...

It also had some little round droplets that were sticky on it just around the outer edges of the leaves. I was afraid that it may have aphids or something, but I never could find evidence of the critters. :Watching: I checked it several times since it was in the sunroom with my plants...

Offline Annette

« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
It looks like Balsam (Impatiens Balsamina)

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
I think it looks like balsam too.  I have some growing right now that Laura sent me.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2009, 10:16:05 PM »
I googled Impatiens Balsamina and the plant looks just like some of the pictures I saw... :grinnnn:

Thank you, Everyone, for your input... :NewHug:

What do y'all think the sticky droplets that I saw on the plant were? :unsure:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal