Author Topic: Some type of bean vine?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Patty S

Some type of bean vine?
« on: Apr 29, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »
I feel sorta silly asking if anyone knows what this is, cuz it's abviously a bean of some sort!

Still, some bean leaves have characteristics that others don't, so I'm trusting in the saying, "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask" & thinking that someone might know.

I didn't plant it, so the birds must have.  I noticed it when we put bark chips down on the bed next to the driveway today, & Keith was about to pull it out cuz he thought it was a weed.  (Maybe it is!)   It has those little curly-Q thingies that vines use to climb with, so I put it over by my arbor. (My arbor is sure going to be full if everything I put under it takes!)

Any guesses?

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Some type of bean vine?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2007, 11:26:08 PM »
No idea, Patty. The leaves look to crinkly to be a morning glory, I thinl. you will have to wait till it blooms/fruits to see.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 01:02:36 AM »
Patty, do you think it could be a Hyacinth Bean?  Do you know what color flowers it has?
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Patty S

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »
I know it's not a Morning Glory, cuz  the leaves aren't quite the right shape.  I've also never seen Morning Glory leaves this big, but I'd love to have some of those... the blossoms would be HUGE!

Heck Patty, it could be a Hyacinth Bean, & it could even be one of those Jack in the beanstalk beans for all I know... but it's hard to guess where the birds have been! 

Do you know what color flowers it has? 
I don't see any flowers on it yet!  (Silly girl! If it had flowers, I probably wouldn't have asked if anyone knew what it is!)

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 03:23:49 AM »
Heck Patty, it could be a Hyacinth Bean

Hmmm, talking to yourself again, Patty!   ??? ???  I think maybe we need to talk about this!    ;)  :)   Actually, I would even give you a discount, it's the least I could do for my Sis!!!   ;)   
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

plants n pots

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 10:09:07 AM »
I hate to sound so disagreeable this morning, but it's not hyacinth bean vine - the leaves on that are 3 parts on each stem.  Don't know what it is though - my first thought was also morning glory?

hyacinth bean - dolichos lablab
http://florabase.calm.wa.gov.au/science/timage/3867ic1.jpg

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »
Has it bloomed yet, Patty?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Patty S

« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »
No, it didn't bloom, cuz it didn't make it.   It stayed there & looked good for several days, then one day it was all wilty.  Maybe it didn't like being moved.

So, never mind, I guess... now we'll never know!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal