Author Topic: Cinnamon Ornaments  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Cinnamon Ornaments
« on: Dec 11, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »
I have two recipes.  I have used the first one successfully and it sure makes the house smell awesome.  Careful not to breath deeply when mixing things up or you will sneeze. :grinnnn:

Recipes One
1 1/8 cup flour
3/4 cup ground cinnamon
1 cup salt
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. ground nutmeg (optional)
1 Tbsp. ground cloves (optional)

Mix dry ingredients with water to form smooth, stiff dough. Divide dough into three or four portions. Place each section between two sheets of waxed paper, and roll to 1/4-3/8 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut Christmas shapes out of dough. While dough is still soft, use a straw to make a hole near the top of each shape where ribbon can later be inserted for hanging. Bake cut shapes at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes to dry. If desired, insert ribbon in hole, tie, and hang as ornaments.

Recipe Two
1 cup ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. ground nutmeg (optional)
1 Tbsp. ground cloves (optional)
2 Tbsp. white glue
3/4 to 1 cup apple sauce

Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves (if other spices are used) with glue and 3/4 cup apple sauce to form smooth, stiff dough. Additional apple sauce may be added if needed. Divide dough into three or four portions. Place each section between two sheets of waxed paper, and roll to 1/8 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of dough. While dough is still soft, use a straw to make a hole near the top of each shape where ribbon can later be inserted for hanging. Place cut shapes on flat surface to air dry for several days. Flip shapes daily to prevent curling. After shapes are thoroughly dry, insert ribbon in hole, tie, and hang as ornaments.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Jessica

Re: Cinnamon Ornaments
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2009, 09:30:09 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2009, 09:37:29 PM »
You are welcome.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2009, 11:33:13 AM »
triss, thank you so much.  my drawback was the applesauce.  every time i get some in the house, it gets eaten before i can make these.  so, now i know i can do it with water.  so, water it will be :BigGrin:  and, it makes it more affordable!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
I like the first recipe because they can be done in one day... baked in the oven rather than laid out to dry for days.

Offline Skhilled

• Retro Gamer!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2009, 03:45:51 AM »
Great idea. Thanks for sharing. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal