Author Topic: SunFlowers around my roses  (Read 3277 times)

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
SunFlowers around my roses
« on: May 25, 2007, 07:12:31 PM »
I have been watching these plants grow knowing I hadn't planted anything around my roses. first off the Zebrina's came up after two year's. This morning I saw these plants were blooming they are sunflower's. Best I can figure they are Black oil Sunflowers I feed my  wild birds that have come up here. I just wish they would come up somewhere else.

Offline Patty S

Re: SunFlowers around my roses
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:37:06 PM »
Birds somehow seem to be responsible for a lot of flowers!   

How come you don't like them, Jimmy... are they the stubby ones?  When I helped one of my garden club ladies weed in her yard the other day, I was picking the sprouts under her feeders, around the sunflowers.  When she saw me doing that, she said "good heavens, get rid of those too", so I started saving them & brought them home for BG to replant!  We don't know yet what kind they're going to be.

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 09:36:32 PM »
Patty it isn't that I don't like them I do they are just not where I would want them. I have my roses there and really don't want anything else growing there so I will relocate my feeders and hope the Sunflowers come up there. They are not what I would call stubby as they are about 5 foot tall right now they are pretty just growing in wrong place.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 09:38:14 PM by jv »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 09:41:24 PM »
I think sunflowers are beautiful. I wouldn't mind if the birds planted some around here, but like Jimmy, I want to pick the location. I wouldn't want them where I had something special planted...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »
I like sunflowers too. Maybe if I fed my birds better they might do a little gardening for me. It really wouldn't matter much where they planted them.

Bonnie
This is me ->?

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »
 :)   Those are so pretty Jimmy!

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2007, 02:45:31 AM »
Hey, Jimmy, I love your Sunflowers!   :Wow:  This is my first year for Sunflowers and I am so excited.  :Glee: I've never been able to get them started without the squirrels digging up the seeds and leaving me with empty holes.  :Vent:  I wanted mine planted in the area behind some of my Echinacea so it would hide my compost bins,  :idea:  but I sure wouldn't want them coming up in my other beds. :smileyNo: I'm really not very fond of tall flowers, so the seeds I bought were supposed to be dwarf Sunflowers, but they are getting a lot taller than the package said they would.  Of course, that's okay where I have them planted. :smile:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal