Author Topic: What will be in your garden 3  (Read 14424 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
What will be in your garden 3
« on: Apr 06, 2010, 12:24:50 PM »
 :Wow:  Filled that last one up!!   :good2:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: What will be in your garden 3
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »
Quote from: Penny
Oh and i sowed some Basjoo banana seeds this morning.....had to soak them for 5 days first.
A wha'??
Never heard of tham. They look cool!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM »
Yep, its one of the easiest banana tree's to grow.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »
I've got 5 gourd seeds up now.  It's taken these things forever to break ground.  I sure hope they live to make it outside.  They're too small to transplant now but I don't want to wait until it's too hot.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »
Try setting them on the porch each morning, for a few days, and then plant them out, just dont forget to water.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »
Russell came home with Johnny this afternoon and he fixed me 2 rows for green bean planting.  I love Russell.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2010, 08:37:21 PM »
I love Russel too. Does he want to visit California?
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2010, 09:27:57 PM »
He might Tina.  He's in his 30s, never been married, quiet, works without much complaint, built good and part Cherokee Indian - cute.  Too bad he's a crack addict.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »
There's always something, isn't there?  :giggle:
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
 :BigGrin:  Yep

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #10 on: Apr 09, 2010, 12:04:30 AM »
Well he was sounding really good right up to the end.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2010, 06:59:59 AM »
Yep, the ending is kind of a bummer  :giggle:.......its nice to know that you have 1 worker that does the work that you have asked for.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2010, 09:41:44 AM »
The thing about Russell is that he's killed a lot of his brain cells.  His short term memory is fried so someone has to be with him all the time or he forgets what to do.  He's pleasant when he's reminded though but if he puts the rake down to help Johnny pick up some bricks he can't remember to go back to the raking.  He'll move onto something else that for some reason is in his mind.  Unless you know his a drug addict you'd think he's stupid but he's not stupid at all.  He put down the hardwood floor in the upstairs bathroom and sheet rocked the ceiling in the dining room.  He's talented.

He will walk into the house to get something to drink or pee but all the times he's been here he's never walked in on me without knocking or yelling can he come in.  Johnny had brought food for everyone yesterday and he wouldn't even come inside to eat.  I don't lock the doors when he's here.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #13 on: Apr 09, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »
Thats too bad that he's so forgetful like that, but its also nice knowing that you feel comfortable around him, and given his problems, he's never over stepped the bounds, like some others have!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #14 on: Apr 09, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »
He might Tina.  He's in his 30s, never been married, quiet, works without much complaint, built good and part Cherokee Indian - cute.  Too bad he's a crack addict.
This makes me sound like a cougar.  :shock:  I told Andy's dad that I want his healthy young body. To work..... :BigGrin:
I have worked with drug burnout people before. It is sad the things it does to the minds of intelligent individuals.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2010, 07:28:10 PM »
Is it a bad thing to look at a well built man with a fried brain when he's working in your yard?    Johnny told me I like bossing Russell around a little too much. :grinnnn:

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »
Doesn't hurt to look.  :BigGrin:
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »
eye candy is always good sheri  :good2:
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2010, 09:59:38 AM »
I need a photo of a birdhouse gourd seedling.  I can't find one online.

The seedlings I have coming up look like tomatoes and cucumbers to me.  Interesting huh?

I have 6 supposedly gourds coming up which I thought reminded me of tomatoes but what do I know.  Right?  So today #7 popped up and it looks like a cucumber - totally different from the others.  These seeds have been in the jiffy pots for over 2 months now. 

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2010, 12:35:02 PM »
I had planned on a small garden this year.  Something low-maintainance and stress free.  

Unfortunately, Rachael's piano teacher's husband has ... men-in-gers disease which means he can have NO salt in his food at all.  Which means, buh-bye ketchup and relish - which I guess are his two favorite food groups.  So my services were promised to the ailing husband, that I would grow lots and lots of tomatoes, onions, cukes and peppers, so the teacher can make ketchup, salsa, and relish for her salt-free hubby.  I've never grown onions and my peppers never produce well.  But she said she'd teach Rachael for free, so I guess it is a good idea, especially since I was going to have a bunch of extra plants.  I've got to get a plan going, 'cause we're dealing with nothing but clay at the new house...

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2010, 01:30:37 PM »
That is a good trade off, Sarah. As long as she does the canning. I don't think I've ever seen a pickle or relish recipe using no salt. That could be interesting. But your immediate piano lesson savings could get you a lot of soil amendments to begin. You have a tiller, I think? Or begin with lumber and make raised beds. Is there any free mulch in your area? A dairy that will supply manure for free? You have a truck for that stuff.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #22 on: Apr 11, 2010, 01:37:36 PM »
I had to go research the disease, Meniere's Syndrome

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 2010, 01:55:43 PM »
I have a horse farm that I get manure at, Tina.  They are lovely folks with a bucket-tractor thing, so it's simple to get what we need.  But it's full of HUGE spiders and Adam doesn't want to wheelbarrow several hundred pounds of manure and several hundred spiders into the backyard.  He made me shovel out the last of the maure last year and the back of the truck bed looked like it was moving 'cause so many spiders were running out of it - and I was having troubles breathing (due to fear) and shaking but he made me finish it.  I have no sympathy for him this year.  Move those spiders, mister. 

I just need to start some earnest research into how to deal with my clay... 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
I cannot find information on that disease Sarah.  And Tina, I do not think she meant Menieres... my mom had that and there were no restrictions on her diet at all.  Menieres has to do with a ringing int he ears and sense of balance.  My mom had to have surgery for it.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal