Gardening > Mystery Plants

Name that Plant!

<< < (3/3)

bayou girl:
no, the cj does not.  but my leaves on my cj are smallish.  not more than an inch.  probably honeysuckle.

the cast iron plant's leaves are very rigid when small, reminds me of a canna just opening almost in the rigidity, but when larger, very floppy. and almost soft.

Dianna:
I am thinking spathiphyllum (peace lily). Does the area get any full sun or is it mostly shaded? :unsure: Do the leaves perk up when you water it?

I know that it is used as a house plant, but I have seen them on the outside, too, in the shade.... :wink5:

landofoz:
I checked it out and the leaves just aren't right for a peace lily, Dianna.  Thanks, though!

The first plant, the possible cast iron, has bulbs instead of a root ball.  It's a starchy bulb too, not like an onion but kinda like a potato.  Does that help??

bayou girl:
the one that reminds me of a cast iron plant.... my cast iron plant has thick, almost potato-y roots.  very tuberous, and when healthy, it will break through a plastic pot trying to expand.  there are other varieties of aspidistra though, besides cast iron plant.  maybe yours is a cousin if not the real deal.  very good plants to have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version