Gardening > Mystery Plants

Name that Plant!

<< < (2/3) > >>

bayou girl:
cast iron plant aka aspidistra.  they are  more hardy than they get credit for.  mine is in a pot, and survived our snow just fine.  and 10 straight freezing, below 30 nights.  so if it is against anything that would retain any heat, like a wall, it would be ok.  and, when they are in colder areas, or get large, they do get floppy.  i love mine, it tolerates just about anything i throw at it.  and they do not care for full sun, but will tolerate it in most areas, but not where tina is.

bayou girl:
and the viney thing looks a lot like my carolina jessamine but i'm not so sure on it.  honeysuckle it might be too.  haven't seen honeysuckle in many, many years to know what it was.

bestofour:
honeysuckle was my first thought before I read that Tina had said it.

The other sort of looks like hosta but there's something wrong with the way the leave fold.

bestofour:
I hope someone comes along with an answer cuz it's driving me nuts.  Sort of looks like corn.

landofoz:
The leaves don't look big enough to be carolina jessamine - the leaves on my plant are very small, like an inch or shorter.  Does the CJ get red berries on it during the fall?

Both of the leafy plants are up against the south side of the house.  Like I mentioned, one gets full sun and the other only a few hours of dappled sun each day.  The dappled-sun guy is about 2 or 3 times bigger than the full sun guy and a lot floppier.  The smaller fella is pretty rigid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version