Author Topic: Crazy Craft Ideas  (Read 2707 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Crazy Craft Ideas
« on: Apr 11, 2010, 10:51:11 AM »
Well you've all used padded envelopes.  But did you know there were fabric post cards?  That was a new one on me.  So I got to thinking why couldn't we have quilted envelopes?  Lord knows we reuse the padded ones until they are almost fabric soft from repeated uses.  So I was wondering what do you think about quilted envelopes?  If we glue gun the stamp, and adress label we could be sending the same envelopes for years.  What a savings huh?

Then there are my Magazine Holders.  The ones that are tall thin boxes with the sides cut at an angle.  I may have to take a picture of mine since I'm not explaining them well.  Well mine are what is the word...oh I know, ugly lol.  So I was thinking why couldn't I quilt a cover for them.  Or maybe even crochet covers for them.  Something so that they look better.

Or we could get really off the normal track.  What about quilted seals for the backs of envelopes.  I mean there have been wax ones and paper ones what about little covered button ones on a brad fastener for the quilted envelopes? 

Has anyone seen quilted lidded cd travel cases?  You know something you could put about 15 cd's in and keep in your car?

These are a few that I've been toying with.  What kinds of crazy craft projects have you been considering?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Crazy Craft Ideas
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »
No crazy ideas here cuz I have been trying to keep up with the regular ones.  I love the idea of fabric covered magazine holders.  I think I saw them when Sarah posted the instructions for the under the washer bins she wanted to make.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »
i missed that post.  I'll have to see if I can find it.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2010, 09:54:33 PM »
They have a web site that sells patterns for quilted envelopes.
http://www.artful-offerings.com/fancy_patterns.htm
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:01:48 AM »
she must have taken them off the market the link doesn't go anywhere.  they sure were cute, weren't they?

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »
I like the post card you sent me Tammy.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
I'm glad you liked it.  I thought it was a really neat idea.  I like things that are different.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2010, 06:50:57 AM »
Nice cards and cool link.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal