Author Topic: Itty Bitty Daisy - [Solved] "Argyranthemum"  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Patty S

Itty Bitty Daisy - [Solved] "Argyranthemum"
« on: May 29, 2007, 05:01:46 PM »
When BG & I pulled up all the California Poppies so we could plant the annuals, we found something that had managed to winter over under the thick cover of the Shasta Daisy & Poppy foliage.  I remember putting it in last year & at that time it had different colors of little daisy-looking blossoms, that lasted all summer.

I found 2 tags that say "Argyranthemum" & "Hardy Aster", but I'm not sure which one it might be... if it is one of those. Does it look familiar to anyone?
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2007, 01:14:11 PM by Jim »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Itty Bitty Daisy
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:43:33 PM »
It is the agryanthemum, Patty. They do winter well and come back for more.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Patty S

Re: Itty Bitty Daisy - [Solved] ""
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:58:31 PM »
Thanx, Tina! Now I can put the tag with it! 

Some people don't like those tags in their gardens, but I have so many flowers, I couldn't keep track of them if I didn't mark them. (Especially in the wintertime when everything dies back!)

If we'd have pulled out those California Poppies 3 weeks ago, we probably would have pitched this plant, cuz it might not have looked like it was alive then! I'm amazed that it was up and blooming under all the other foliage! It doesn't get very big, if I remember right... it wasn't much more than a foot tall last year, but it was covered with little flowers, all different pink tones! Not only did it "come back for more", but just about 1 foot in front of it, there's a volunteer baby plant that has flowered already! 

I only had the one last year, & didn't harvest any of its seeds.
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2007, 12:40:03 AM by Patty S »

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
Re: Itty Bitty Daisy - [Solved] "Argyranthemum"
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »
 :)  Those are so pretty Patty!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal