Author Topic: HELP  (Read 2365 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
HELP
« on: Jun 05, 2010, 02:00:36 PM »
I was trying to put up my pictures and guess what.  The fireplace mantle isn't centered on the wall.  it's 8 1/4 inches from one corner and 7 1/2 inches from the other corner.  You wouldn't think 3/4 of an inch would make much difference would you but it does.

So exactly what do I do.  Center on the wall or center on the mantle.  I just tried centering it on the wall and I think anyway that it was very noticable.  Is there some way to deal with this because the pictures take up almost the entire wall space.  If they fit within the confines of the mantle in width I can see how it could be managed but right now I'm stuck. 

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »
Center on the mantle. Make your pics equidistant from each other and ignore the 3/4 inch left over. You are going to be the only one noticing.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »
Thanks Tina I'm definitely going to do that.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2010, 02:25:50 PM »
The things on your mantle (plants as far as I know) are probably not going to be all equal height/width/placement. There is going to be plenty to draw the eye away from that little bit of leftover space.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2010, 05:29:35 PM »
Well it's closer.  I still have one I need to adjust.  I can't wait to get a photo.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »
You know how getting one thing done can cause a Eureka moment?  Well that's what happened when I got down off the chair and looked at the pictures.  I knew immediately what I wanted to do with the fireplace mantle.  I want to paint it glossy black and then get a carved flower for the center piece that I can paint to look like pale green jade.  it will be perfect with the pictures on top.  At least I think it will. 

I know very dramatic.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »
sounds good to me.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal