Author Topic: weather . . .  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Ariel

weather . . .
« on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »
Was just wondering how the late spring weather has affected your garden from either gorwing or not...mine is sooo slow!! Have a great night! Ariel
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: weather . . .
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2010, 01:14:03 AM »
It is affecting a lot of people in my area of middle Washington as it has been so cool.  Not the best year for gardening for us.  I did not get a garden in this year or I am sure I would be frustrated as well.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2010, 01:34:13 AM »
And other than the last few days (hot!), I have had the most wonderful summer. Actually this whole last year has been nearly perfect for me. I don't grow many edibles. I love my flowers.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2010, 06:38:45 AM »
Spring was late this year? :ScratchHead: Someone forgot to tell SC about that. :giggle:

Here it got warm fast during the early months and quickly heated up to  hot: before the summer season started. Our garden quickly started throwing produce at us and it looks like it is never going to stop... :o

What kind of garden(s) do you have, Ariel? I am sure either will start producing veggies or flowers soon. :grinnnn: It is slower than normal for you all in that area, isn't it?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
My spring was terrific.  My summer is toooooo hot and not enough rain.  I'm losing plants left and right which really hurts my feelings but I just hope for the best. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2010, 01:25:57 PM »
My squash has stopped producing.  I'm not sure why.  I had trouble with squash bugs but don't see them anymore.  Squash usually is like a weed around here and we can't even give it away but not this year.  We got plenty for us to eat and I gave some away 5 or 6 times but there are not more flowers and the plants look terrible.  The tomatoes look and taste great and the cukes are the sweetest ever.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »
The squash we had at work looked half dead if not completely dead, but were still blooming and producing when they pulled them up. Now we just have dirt in the growing patches. lol.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:14:25 PM »
i wonder why they pulled them up if they were still producing?
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #8 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »
No telling. It's a prison..well.. work release center. They pulled the ones at the center as well as ours. They never have a good reason for anything they do.. lol. It could have been simply to give the inmates something to do.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2010, 10:32:24 PM »
i can believe that.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Ariel

« Reply #10 on: Jul 29, 2010, 02:37:38 AM »
I have big veggie gardens..love my citrus trees which a friend is keeping till I get a place that can take them and love flowers as well. It is slower for everyone this year it is just really frustrating. Hoping I get some veggies from the garden before fall shows up hoping summer stays around longer now that it is here been 80 s and 90s now.  What is are you guys fav veggie to grow during the summer?
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal