Author Topic: census taker or skittles leprechaun  (Read 1365 times)

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
census taker or skittles leprechaun
« on: Sep 14, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »
this is a true story my coworker told me.  she knows the mother/child involved.

we have a student who is a little person, and seeing him reminded her today about the story so she had to tell us.

a friend of her mother's has an autistic (or something) son. he gets home after school (he's about 15 and a big boy) and is home for about 15-30 minutes until the sitter gets there.

he is supposed to call mom as soon as he walks in the door, then the sitter calls and that is how mom manages that time.

so, while the census workers were out, he didn't call on time one day, and so she called him.  he said "shhh, can't talk, i've caught myself a leprechaun" and hung up.

she called right back, same thing.

so she went home to check on him (she works very close) and when she walked in, he said "shh,  i've caught myself a leprechaun"

then she hears some knocking from the closet. there was the census taker (a little person) with skittles all around his feet where the boy had thrown them under the door. the man was ok, just waiting patiently with his clipboard for someone to rescue him.

he could tell the boy was harmless, but not "right"

i've never seen the commercial, but hearing cindy tell it was hilarious.  i'm glad the census worker took it well... but it makes keeping a straight face when we see our student difficult.  we always greet him with a smile :grinnnn:
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: census taker or skittles leprechaun
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2010, 11:30:38 PM »
I love this story. I love the patience of the census taker.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: census taker or skittles leprechaun
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2010, 10:32:26 AM »
skittles under the door... :giggle:  that is just cute. 

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal