Author Topic: Tarot Cards  (Read 16201 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Tarot Cards
« on: Jun 08, 2007, 06:15:45 AM »
Hi I read Tarot Cards and wondered if anyone else on this site reads them.  I've had unbelievable success with them. 

If anyone is interested I can recount some of the readings that I've had that have been proven accurate.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Tarot Cards
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2007, 06:35:43 AM »
I have a deck of Tarot, too...

I am very interested in reading about the things that have proven accurate for you...

Post away!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2007, 10:15:49 AM »
Well the first two things that I have noticed is that the more spiritual the person the clearer the reading.  The second thing that I noticed was the older the person the clearer the reading as long as the first thing still held true.

For example.

When I read an ex-boyfriends mother I forsaw her passing and her worry that she hadn't done well enough for her children.  We had a long talk and she seemed comforted by my observations. 

Next was a younger man in his thirties, catholic, I saw fire in his reading and it overshadowed everything else.  Were we supprised when within a week his girlfriend light a candle in the bedroom that caught the draperies on fire and burned one wall of the bedroom.  No injuries thank goodness.

Probably the most interesting to me was reading a friend of mine.  He was a white sheet of paper.  Everything in complete balance.  I commented on it because it seemed strange to me.  He said that it was amazing because that was exactly what he worked for in his life.

The most frightening reading that I ever had stopped me from reading for many years.  The lady was older and very spiritual.  The first thing I saw was the passing of her month that had happened in the recent past.  We all knew of the event so we didn't think to much about it.  Next was present and that read as the death of her husband.  He had had alltimers for about 12 years so that wasn't too unexpected either.  And he did pass within 6 weeks.  The future read as the death of one of her children.  They were both in perfect health and had regular checkup.  With in 2 years her son passed of an undiagnosed brain tumor.  I put the cards away for 2 years after the sons death.  I know the reader isn't responsible.  But it's hard not to feel that way.  Also I would suggest that you not read for your friends because you may loose them.  As I lost that woman as a friend.  And the guy with the fire never came anywhere near me again.

With people that are not spiritual I don't get anything at all from them.

So have you read anyone good lately?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2007, 10:43:32 AM »
I haven't actually read the cards for anyone, duh. I am still working on learning the meaning of each. It is pretty amazing how the translations come about...

You have done some amazing readings! I don't think I will be trying to read the cards of friends or family when I get the meanings down-pat. Seems like it would spook me too much. I sure wouldn't want to see or have to tell them that I see fire or death in their future.

I used a regular deck of playing cards to do a reading one time. It was for my son's girlfriend at the time. I told her that they would break up and they did, (thank God!) but I think that would have happened anyway. The more you know about people, I think it is easier to "see" so it was really easy to "predict" that.

My interest in the cards is spawned by how tarot readers come up with the different answers they seem to have.

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »
You know I've never memorized the cards meanings.  With my memory there is no way I could.  What I do is look up the meaning and then just let the picture or thought form in my mind.  For me the most important part of the process is while they are shuffling the cards I pray that I may be a channel between God and them and do his will.

The more ego I can remove from the reading the better the reading. 

Does that make sense?

It's like one reading I did for a resident at a building I worked at.  I saw her taking a trip.  A long one.  Unknown to me was that she had just accepted an assignment in Mexico City.  Her mom pressed me for information about her safety but no information along that line was available. 

That's another Hazzard of reading Tarot.  People want to know certain things and they can get pushy lol.

I had one friend who would travel about 30 miles a day almost ever day to get a reading.  She wanted to her that she would have a successful relationship and she was determined to hear it.  Things like that are sad too.  If you do decide to read tarot limit the number of visits to no more than one a month.  Some people get dependent.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2007, 08:02:24 PM »
duh, I had a friend that got into making psychic phone calls. You know the ones I am talking about I am sure. She put herself into quite a bit of debt over that and ended up with no phone service to boot... ::)

We do have another member that I know has been involved in Tarot. She will reply once she gets to feeling better. Right now her computer time is limited...

What kind of deck do you read with? I am not sure what mine are, but I like the "pretty" onces... :grinnnn:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2007, 06:40:19 AM »
My Tarot deck is the standard type and only slightly larger than a standard playing card.  It was the cheapest deck of cards they had a Boarders. 

And yes I did by my own deck and it seems to work fine so the folk lore about needing to have a deck given to you doesn't seem to be accurate.  But who knows how much clearer the readings would be if my deck had been a gift.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend.  With just a limited number of samples to work with it seems to me that the more of an A type of personality a person has the more likely they are to develop that kind of dependence.  But I had a very limited sample to work with.  I don't read tarot commercially.

I've tried reading over the phone.  For me it doesn't work.  So I don't think I would try one of those.  Unless it was say a holloween slumber party treat.  Rather an expensive entertainment.  But, better than a clown or petting zoo to keep the teenagers occupied lol.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2007, 09:03:21 AM »
so the folk lore about needing to have a deck given to you doesn't seem to be accurate

I have heard that, too.

I actually have two decks. One was a gift from a very important person in my life. It is wrapped in a piece of silk, I think. The other I bought at a yard sale. It came with a glossary of the meanings associated with the cards. I figured that would help me learn the cards that was given to me as a gift... ;)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2007, 10:55:09 AM »
It certainly will all the books on definitions are about the same.  I went to the library and checked some out when I first got my deck and there really wasn't any difference between them and the little book that came with my deck.

Firefly

« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2007, 01:54:37 PM »
I dabble with Tarot. I've had a number of readings done over the years with many things coming to pass. Sometimes the readings make no sense at all at the time of the reading, then months later it's like "AHA". I have my own deck and I play with them myself. I have never tried reading for someone else.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2007, 05:34:22 PM »
I too am a dabbler of the Tarot. I find it all fasinating. I think the most popular deck is the Ryder, but It doesn't really matter what deck you use as long as you feel comfortable with them.

I like the regular playing cards better myself. When I first started messing with them I bought a deck with extra large numbers on them and they had enough room on the cards for me to write cheat notes for myself until I got familiar them. It helped me to learn. Later I found that they make a deck like that called Witches Tarot.

I am also interested in Palmestry. I use to be pretty good at that, but I hardly dabble in either anymore.

I'm glad that this topic was started. Thank you for sharing with us.

Bonnie
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2007, 05:35:56 PM by Bonnie »
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #11 on: Jun 09, 2007, 08:02:17 PM »
I cannot read for myself it all comes out gibberish.  Not that I haven't tried lol.  I too find that something are unexplainable at the time but make sense later. 

I love the idea of a witches deck with crib notes lol.  That would make my life alittle easier.  I have one of those books that comes with the deck and the writting is tiny.

I'm curious if anyone has noticed any difference between the decks kept in silk and the ones are are not.  Mine are not.  They are just inside the lining of my purse.

I have had my "balanced" friend shuffle them to clear them of old stuff.

Firefly

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »
I have mine wrapped in an old scrap of silk from a shirt I ripped up, part of the sleeve is on it, LOL. I keep them wrapped in the silk and stored in a carved wooden box that's just the right size. Sometimes I burn a little sage leaves to start off with and get the atmosphere right, makes me wiser too! I like to handle and shuffle them as long as possible too, to get my vibe on them. I don't like anyone else to touch them, I don't think anyone has.

I might go dig them out right now , you got me thinking about them!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #13 on: Jun 10, 2007, 11:34:02 AM »
It sounds like yours are in much better condition than mine. 

I ran into a problem when I shuffled for my clients.  I ended up getting readings of what I thought they should get.  I got better readings when I let them shuffle.  Of course that wears out the cards much faster.

And that brings me to my next question.  Reversed cards.  How do you deal with them?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #14 on: Jun 10, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »
With reversed cards, wouldn't you give them the opposite meaning of the cards? I can't remember, exactly...

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 10, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
I'm the VIP that gave Dianna her cards. A very special friend gave them to me wrapped in the same silk that I passed on to her.

IT was a bluish scarf that they were wrapped in. The friend that gave them to me told me at the time that if you keep them wrapped in silk it keeps others vibes off of them. And the blue color is for healing any bad vibes that might have lingered when the last subject cut them.

Bonnie

This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #16 on: Jun 11, 2007, 05:42:51 AM »
That's the standard wisdom.  But I haven't found it to be correct.  I've found that the meaning doesn't change due to the cards direction.  But again that's with a limited sample of readings.  I probably haven't done more than 100 readings.

I've heard the same thing about silk, that it keeps the old vibes from lingering.  I hadn't heard that blue was for healing the cards.  I always thought green was the color for healing.  Learn something new everyday.  Thanks for the info.

Now on to the questions that really intrigue me.  I'm not a sensitive in the normal day to day operation of my life but what I found when readings was that I would either get pictures for example the fire.  Or I would get idea's that would pop fully formed into my head.  How does it work for you?

Offline desirey

• The Brat
« Reply #17 on: Jun 12, 2007, 08:53:45 PM »
Mom, I know u dont like reading family cards but when i come back down there I want you to read mine or atleast lay them out i can read my own, but ur not suppose to let anyone else mess with your deck of cards.  :applause: :Glee: :Tomato2:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 13, 2007, 10:52:18 PM »
I also get feelings about things that don't even relate to the card that is showing. I think it would be sorta boring without the feelings. Don't you?

Bonnie
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #19 on: Jun 14, 2007, 10:19:32 AM »
With the greatest respect I have to agree with Bonnie.  The little books give a very general "sign post" as to which direction to look but don't really tell you anything of use.  It's the feelings that are the reading and I suppose the reason that we can't read for ourselves.  I know I am much to stubborn not to try and wheedle the reading in the direction I would like to see it go if I read for myself.

It's like seeing travel in the book.  That could mean everything from a trip to the grocery store  :Groaner: ugh  or an ocean cruise around the world  :Wow:.  The difference is in the feelings or pictures the reader gets.  That's what tells the true story.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 15, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »
Well said. You must be reading my mind.

Bonnie
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #21 on: Jun 15, 2007, 12:45:48 PM »
lol not me.  That's a talent I'm glad I don't have. 

I must say that I am tempted to make up some cards and put them down in the bus station.  That would be a good way to get customers since they are board waiting for the bus.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #22 on: Jun 15, 2007, 06:28:59 PM »
I always thought it would be cool to open a Tea Room and have tea leaf readings and card readings.

Bonnie

You would propably have a lot of customers at the bus station. You probably could get quite a few at the manicurist.
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #23 on: Jun 16, 2007, 06:53:43 AM »
I have a nail shop at the other end of the block just a couple of buildings away.  That is a great idea.  I guess I need to get the apartment is ship shape and do this.  It sounds like a great idea to me.

Offline desirey

• The Brat
« Reply #24 on: Jun 18, 2007, 06:47:16 PM »
AB how in the world are you suppose to read tea leaves and get ur reading from them

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal