Author Topic: Slow Cooker Recipe for Canadian thanksgiving on Monday using turkey breast...  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Ariel

:542:  So i am going to go looking then to bed.

But was wondering if anyone had a recipe that they would share for a slowcooker recipe for a couple turkey breast. It is canadian thanksgiving monday and i work all day and am trying to put a dinner together that is half way cooked when he gets home and the rest ready to go and ready for him to finish when he gets home before i get home lol

So needless to say i will be baking on sunday and just in need of a turkey breast slow cooker recipe if it can have stuffing or gravy in it with it that would help also but not a big deal.

OK im off on a search..thanks for any help you can throw my way!!  Wish me good luck! :thgoodluck-vi:
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2010, 06:27:08 AM by Dianna »
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

Offline Ariel

Wow i found alot!!!  THink i might try this one with bacon since my honey like shis meat but he asked if i could find turkey wings seperate because of his culture he likes the skin bones fat all of it and i was brought up to just like the meat part.. lol will post what i will make. Any thoughts on the subject help still welcome.

Any quick roll recipes i have one but it makes a lot ..Sarah do you want some rolls lol let me know  :laughmao:

Ok im really excited for this  :good2:

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
I have a recipe for cream cheese and herb turkey breast...looks sorta awful while cooking, but tastes amazing.  The wings would probably turn out best being baked, but they shouldn't take long in a hot oven...

As for rolls, you can take practically any bread recipe and just make rolls out of it. I most often use the garlic parmesan recipe.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Ariel

Ohh yummy! Thanks for the tips!

Offline Ariel

Ingredients
5 slices bacon
1 (5 1/2 pound) bone-in turkey breast, skin removed
1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
1 (10.5 ounce) can turkey gravy
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried sage
Directions
1.Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
2.Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place turkey in the slow cooker. Season with garlic pepper. In a bowl, mix the bacon, gravy, flour, Worcestershire sauce, and sage. Pour over turkey in the slow cooker.
3.Cover slow cooker, and cook turkey 8 hours on Low.

that is the one i was thinking of making but putting bacon over the turkey while it cooks also thought about putting onions and cerlery and garlic under the turkey breast. Maybe adding thyme to it as well.

Offline Ariel

Then can take the juices to make a thicker gravy when its done cooking :D :542:

Offline Ariel

It was sooooo good!! I added oregano and a few other spices plus carrots, celery and garlic on the bottom and two chicken legs for my honey.

It was delicious and i recommand it to any one only took 6 hours!  Had the butcher at the store cut a turkey in half for me :D So i have another half to cook!

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
sounds wonderful ariel.  i'm glad it went well.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
It makes me want a Thanksgiving dinner.  YUM!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Ariel

You guys should make it!! I am going to do it one more time before my next thanksgiving in November lmao  Its quick and easy well quick in the sense of putting it together and leaving it!

Thanks for the nice notes!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
We will actually be doing that... well not we so much as Zack.  Making a turkey dinner is a project for him in science.  It should be a lot of fun.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Ariel

That does sound fun!! Hope he has a good time!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal