Author Topic: green Chilies/garlic bulbs/dill4pickles  (Read 2807 times)

wicci2flow

green Chilies/garlic bulbs/dill4pickles
« on: Mar 08, 2011, 12:16:22 AM »
 :yesssss:       Never thought to bring in that little green house that we use for seedlings, but it's in the back room,so I can hopfully get som really hot ones this year with the green chilies and garlic. Have my heart set on granny and Aunt Jewels bread an butter pickles too. Popa asked for dillpickles,so started the dill seed for that .Hopeing to find brine for the sour ones I love so. The ones in the store are all salt,I can not even find real sour pickles these days.
Sister asked if she could grow her own plants too,so we will go through the seeds and see what can start now,for better success. Shes only help tend up till now. Brother says he will do the dirt for us. Will for sure get video out of that adventure.
Think next week we can plant flower pots from last years seed also,and let them(me grands) :ThumbUp:  put their chioces in to brighten spring when she arrives.   

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: green Chilies/garlic bulbs/dill4pickles
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2011, 08:36:41 PM »
The kids really love to plant things, don't they? Sounds like you're off to a great start.
This is me ->?

wicci2flow

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2011, 10:38:32 PM »
We use to live on what is refered to as river front property.... I was harvesting veggies,cucumbers for pickles of course,turned around she had done made herself a home in the basket and had four down,working on the peaches. She was and is always dirty,so yes I guess she does
   Brother he justs loves the digging part,last year it was moles he dug for
no frogs in the pockets yet.
I want them to carry on knowing hard work is survival.   :hobbyhorse:

wicci2flow

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2011, 02:02:25 AM »
Well I do have sprouts of all that has been started and just decided to order purple potatos. Now if only the sun will come back I can lower my eletric bill. Didn't consider that the winter was going to keep us still so cold an so long when I set up the grow lights. But they are so cute. now to keep them alive.   :Halo:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2011, 09:56:25 AM »
 Does the garlic have to be planted every year? If not does it produce the first year it's planted?
I love garlic. (can't you smell-I mean tell)
This is me ->?

wicci2flow

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2011, 02:15:20 AM »
    :hot:     I sweat garlic. I have a big bulb in water,chopped raw,twice a week. Keeps blood thined and bugs out of ones systems.
 An antibodtic thats water soluible,they are doing research with concerning cancers. That and B-vitimins to keep my mind sharp.
Great to keep bugs off an away in summer. Dry it and burn it. Evil spirits dislike the fog it creates too.
No,garlic can stay in ground,as long as you only clip like Iris's,and they are mulched really good. They are good for five years,the mamoth garlic is the best for the buck.
If you start them inside like potato w/eyes... yes they will produce first year,they are to small and dense if have short growing time but still eatable.
They really should be stressed to. Firm beleiver that to much spoiling makes least in flaver.
 They are great cooked like a blooming onion. James hates when he has to drink garlic water,dislikes the doctor more.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »
Good info, Thanks.
This is me ->?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal