Author Topic: Vine Advice  (Read 2522 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Vine Advice
« on: Apr 06, 2011, 04:13:44 PM »
Here is the situation:  I have the bird bath in full sun on poor soil.  I want to plant a vine that will creep up the base of the birdbath and be pretty.  So we are not talking about a long vine; but, one that can survive in poor soil without to much watering being required. 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Vine Advice
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2011, 04:47:38 PM »
I just planted a clematis to train over the bridge in the pond garden the other day, Tammy. It is in full sun. I am wondering if you couldn't do the same with the bird bath? Could you amend the planting area with just a bit of compost? :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
I'd be working with hard pan on a slope.  It's do-able but it isn't easy.  I'll have to look at the clematis that are at the garden center next month and see what they have.  Don't clematis need shaded feet?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
I have mulch on it... :unsure:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal