Author Topic: Fried rice  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Fried rice
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:28:31 PM »
Fried rice is incredibly easy.
 I guess it was never something that a true Asian house would offer to guests if they could help it because it is a leftover dish.
You begin with any amount if cooked rice that your wok or pan  will hold comfortably. Then set that aside.
Vegetables are usually kept smaller than a pea.
I really like my vegetables cooked some before beginning but you can use raw or frozen. I like peas, shredded carrots, a little chopped onion and celery and whatever else sounds good. ( I often micro-steam mine first just because of my personal preferences). Toss it in a large frying pan with a little of whatever oil you use. Cook it 'til almost to your desired done-ness. Add that cooked rice and fry up a little longer until heated through.
Then push  it all aside and add an egg or two to the bare portion of pan and scramble then mix in with the rest.
You can add anything that your heart desires or you have leftover. Shred up your zucchini in there, etc.
Cooked meat of any kind can be added with the rice. But I rarely do. It is good and complete the way it is.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: Fried rice
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2011, 09:51:27 PM »
and that tina, is how most asian households cook breakfast :BigGrin:  my kids love fried rice for breakfast.  in the philippines, and other asian countries, it is breakfast.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Fried rice
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2011, 10:08:06 PM »
It is breakfast, lunch and dinner here
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal