Author Topic: Local Meat  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Ariel

Local Meat
« on: Oct 30, 2011, 07:36:33 PM »
I spent the afternoon comparing websites that sell organic, grass fed beef and chicken. Those are the two meats we eat a lot of  except sea food thats my husbands fav.

So does anyone have any tips for finding the most amount of beef or chicken that is local for the least amount of money?  I have a headache looking at all the sites and trying to keep it all straight!
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: Local Meat
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2011, 08:25:09 PM »
i wish i did!  i am interested to see what others put up as i would like to get a source for local meat also.  i know sheri (bestofour) gets hers at the local farmer's market.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Ariel

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2011, 11:57:14 PM »
I found 3 or 4 local farms that provide it but trying to make sure i get the most bang for my buck. Some you can get it dropped off and some they mail to you.

Then you can get some from farmers market, health food stores, etc.i even scanned craigs list. Just curious what others are doing, how they found it etc. :)

Jessica

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »
In the past we have gotten a side of beef from a farmer we know. They take it to the processor and we just let them know what we want.  Otherwise our local food co-op has locally raised meat.  It is too bad it is so much higher priced.

Offline Ariel

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:07:02 AM »
Been doing more research. I wish wish we had a coop to walk into. That would be neat! It is much higher priced but you pay for what you get!

Offline Ariel

« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:07:39 AM »
Been struggling with where to buy meat and which kind for over a year now. Hoping to get it all straightened out soon!! lol

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
Ariel, Long's meat market in Eugene has package deals of local meat...if you don't contract with a local farmer to raise an animal for you, that may be your best bet. Last time I looked, they had a few options, and some had a mix of meats.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Ariel

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »
Thanks! Trying to hold off until we know what is happening with Yossa job. We got some from the local farmer but when I need meat he was out. So been getting the organic meat from costco last few times. Will check out longs havent been there in awhile

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal