Author Topic: Heuchera 'Midnight rose'  (Read 3035 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Heuchera 'Midnight rose'
« on: Jun 27, 2007, 05:01:27 AM »
I just got my wayside catalog.  This looks like a real wooza!  Normally I'm not to keen on heuchera but this one really is a knock out from the picture.  And I'm always interested in winter interest plants.  and it says it is heat tolerant.  That's cool.

Offline Patty S

Re: Heuchera 'Midnight rose'
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2007, 12:09:08 AM »
I guess this is the one you're looking at, eh? Heuchera 'Midnight Rose' It is a unique looking one, but I like their "Mocha" or "Citronelle" better.  If memory serves me right, the foliage doesn't die back much. Mine take on a purplish hue when the weather starts getting cooler in the fall.

I'm not impressed with Heuchera either, but someone gave me one last year.  It's on the woodpile side of the house that's the least traveled, so it gets ignored a lot. :Whis: I just went out to see if I could get a pic of it... (not bad, since it's so dark out there I couldn't really tell what I was aiming at until the camera flashed!)

I didn't remember until I saw the pic, that I planted a few Cannas out there last year.  They used to be behind the Coral Bells, but it looks like it's taken them over! (I didn't know that anything could stop a Canna!) They (& the fern) must not require much, cuz there's nothing back there but dead dirt!  It's solid clay & hard as a rock!
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2007, 12:23:54 AM by Patty S »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2007, 06:31:59 AM »
I've always like the look of the cultivator Autumn something.  It has the colors of fall which is what I like about it.  I'm definitely into hot colors in the garden lol. 

So of course this one caught my attention.  Also because they said it was summer heat tolerant.

Offline Patty S

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2007, 02:41:01 AM »
Mine must be heat tolerant too, cuz this 90°+ weather doesn't seem to be bothering it.  I thought I was told that Heuchera is a shade plant, but this doesn't get much shade at all. :unsure: I planted it in the shade, but that was before the neighbor had the out-of-control hedge trimmed last summer, which threw my Huechera & Hydrangeas into full sun! :rolleyes1:

I went out today & shot a pic of it in the daylight...

If I'd have realized what a rotten pic the one I took in the dark was, I would have waited before I posted! :SlapSelf:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2007, 06:14:59 AM »
They are suppose to be shade.  but your plants seem to be doing fine.  Amazing what plants will manage when they are happy huh?

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2007, 12:36:13 PM »
That's a unique flower. Pretty
This is me ->?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal