Author Topic: Weed, or something else?  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Patty S

Weed, or something else?
« on: Jun 30, 2007, 12:58:34 AM »
This interesting thing has shown up in my Osteospermum bed.  I was going to pull it out, but since it's the only one around, I can't help but wonder if the birds have been at it again! (No flowers yet, but it's sure growing fast... the last time I looked there was about 10 days ago, & I don't remember seeing it then!)

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2007, 01:00:19 AM by Patty S »

Offline Patty S

Re: Weed, or something else?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »
Well, it grew fast for a little while, then didn't change much so I stopped watching it. Then I forgot about it until today when I went to check my Osteospermum/Sunscape Daisies for seeds, so I can send some to Patches. (I took a long shot pic & included the Sunscapes for her enjoyment, since I sent her some starts last year & she killed them. :Whis: We'll try seeds this time!)

It looks like its mature now. I think it's probably a weed, but I really like the lime green color.  I think I'll try to move it to a hanging pot & put it on the front porch, where it can't spread seeds all over the place, till I know for sure what it is!

The little flowers are kinda cute (they look like little yellow faces with eyes peeking out) :smile: but they're too small to have any asthetic impact on a garden plot
      ...unless they make seeds & spread all over the place!  :Groaner:

I had to get BG's help to get the pic, cuz for some reason she manages to take clear close-ups, & that never works for me! 
What a kid! :kissies:

Offline patches

Re: Weed, or something else?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2007, 12:02:14 AM »
I went to check my Osteospermum/Sunscape Daisies for seeds, so I can send some to Patches. (I took a long shot pic & included the Sunscapes for her enjoyment, since I sent her some starts last year & she killed them.  We'll try seeds this time!)

:Wow:  Osteospermum/Sunscape Daisy seeds!!!  :Yahoo:   What a beautiful picture, Patty!  The Sunscapes are gorgeous.  :ThumbUp: .

Geesh, Patty, I really don't think I killed them, at least, I hope not.  :crying: Actually, the squirrels took the first ones I received, but I was able to get the second two plants growing.  :ThumbUp: Patty, even though, they got a late start I was able to get two flowers from the second ones.  :Yahoo:  I'll try the seeds and if they work and this time I will leave the plants in the ground (heavily mulched) over the winter.   :idea:

Patty, you sure grow some interesting plants that I've never seen before so I don't have any idea what that is, :dunno: but it does kinda looka like a weed to me, but I honestly don't know.   :ScratchHead:

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2007, 12:08:10 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal