Author Topic: Apple Mint Jelly  (Read 3073 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Apple Mint Jelly
« on: Jul 07, 2007, 08:02:18 AM »
We canned peaches last year.  It was great.  I give most of mine away.  And that was fun too. 

Then I made Apple Mint Jelly.  But it was kind of runny.  Any suggestions as to what I may have done wrong? 

MassMama

Re: Apple Mint Jelly
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2007, 07:31:14 AM »
The only thing you may have done is use a bit too much liquid...
I made Apple jelly last year and it turned out fine... made mint also it turned out well too ... I always use sure jel... what type pectin do you use?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
I have no idea.  It was just something I picked up at the market.  That was my first attempt at canning since I left home in the dark ages. lol.

I'll try to remember sure jel in the future.

MassMama

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2007, 06:36:11 AM »
I don't know that the brand matters all that much.. I just know I have had luck with that one!!
I would say it was too much liquid and not enough sugar and pectin..
Or you didn't cook it long enough.. those are the only things that could go wrong with jelly

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2007, 07:13:43 AM »
Thanks Rita,

I'll keep trying.  Although my chocolate mint seems to have died in the heat.  That really hurts my feelings since the other two mints are doing well.

MassMama

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2007, 06:37:44 AM »
That is too bad sorry to hear that!! I have 3 different canning books.. if you need any recipes let me know.. Good luck!! hope the next batch turns out great!

pharmerlaura

« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2007, 06:33:12 PM »
I need the recipe for apple jelly or preserves. Please.

MassMama

« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:26:39 PM »
Hi here are a bunch of recipes for you Laura hope you find one you like!! http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?q=apple+jelly

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2007, 09:44:01 AM »
I've saved some of the chocolate mint and it is comming back well.  I've got it inside now.  Of course I'm going to have to unearth a wide shallow container if I want it to really take off.  I wonder where I'll find that.  There isn't enough for chocolate mint jelly this year but just wait until next year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal