Author Topic: Our field trip to Sarah's house  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Patty S

Our field trip to Sarah's house
« on: Jul 19, 2007, 02:20:37 PM »
Yesterday, Peggy & I packed the kids up, threw a bunch of plants into the car & headed for Sarah's. BG & I have been there several times before, but Sarah has been gone every time & we could only see part of her back yard when we climbed her fence!  Peggy has been working on getting her pond in shape, so she was interested in seeing what Sarah was doing, & sharing tips with her. The kids wanted to see anything & everything, of course!

The first thing we saw as we went into the back yard were two Ash trees, arching toward each other. I think Sarah said she plans to have Clematis climbing up on those, eventually. What a neat idea! :ThumbUp:

She has the sweetest looking chicken coop in the back yard... looks like a little cabin, tucked away among the squash!

While we unloaded the car & talked plants, ponds, weeds & soil amendments, BG & Diane were happy in the wonderland of Sarah's backyard petting zoo, where they met the chickens...

the ducks...

and Odelle, the cat.

Sarah introduced them to everybody's favorite chicken, Hettie sue,

and they got to meet the pony-sized dog, Abby, & her busy sidekick, Kricket...

Dukey, the talking parakeet (that I forgot to take a picture of again), & the awesome array of sea life in Sarah's huge saltwater tank.

BG snapped a pic of the three of us, before we left.

It's not a real flattering shot of any of us, but it'll do, cuz nobody was yawning or blinking, & our faces were clean!  (Besides, this keeps us off Dianna's "list"!)

As I told Sarah earlier, it's a joy & a privilege to drive up to see her, cuz she's so passionate about her gardens & does such a terrific job, that she's a true inspiration! :Glee:
Thanx for your hospitality, Sarah! :kissies:

Oh... I didn't get a clear pic of it, but she's got a GREEN ROSE! :nutz:

And it smells just like black pepper:clap:

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2007, 02:27:24 PM by Patty S »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Our field trip to Sarah's house
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »
I thought you had two "horses", Sarah. What kind of fur-baby is Kricket?

Your yard is simply beautiful and I can't believe the hen house! :laugh1: I guess you got us all topped with spoiling the critters!

I love the size of that pond. I would like to enlarge mine just a little bit more. I wouldn't mind having some ducks, either. ;)

Do all your babies get along together? They don't try to eat each other for dinner?

Your aquarium is gorgeous, too! I would love to see some close-ups of it...(HINT, HINT)

That is an odd rose! Do you sneeze when you smell it? :)

You have truly painted a masterpiece in your yard with plants and flowers and furnished it with lots of critters to make it home...

Nice to see the friendly faces of the people that I try to chat with everyday, too! :applause:

Good job with the pics, Patty, and the post about your visit! :ThumbUp:

And I was just getting ready to add you to the list I didn't know I even had! :compose:  :laugh1:

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2007, 08:18:18 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Peggy

Re: Our field trip to Sarah's house
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2007, 12:46:46 AM »
Yesterday, Peggy & I packed the kids up, threw a bunch of plants into the car & headed for Sarah's.

Sarah has a wonderful house with wonderful pets (she has a petting zoo almost!), and she has a front yard that is landscaped so well, it's to die for!  Her backyard is a work in progress, but you can see that someday it will be something spectacular!

Here are some photos in Sarah's yard that I got!

A sign welcomed us into her yard

Sarah's Mystery Plant!

notice the spray bottle here, to help you size the plant in your mind:

Sunflowers

Ducks in her pond:

couple roses:

ice plant

butterfly bushes:

Take Care, Peg
How are you?  I'm great!  Glad to see you! Hope we meet again!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal