Author Topic: pictures of our pond  (Read 3891 times)

kratz7

pictures of our pond
« on: Jul 20, 2007, 11:48:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

I thought I would share some pond photos......

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:17:08 PM by Dianna »

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Re: pictures of our pond
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2007, 11:54:06 AM »
Oh, wow! I love it! The little stream is such a great touch.

How old is your pond? Do I see fish?
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2007, 12:02:41 PM »
That is sooo pretty, Charlotte!

I want my foot to get well so it can be pretty again, too... :crying:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

kratz7

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
Our pond is about 12-14  years old, we have redone it about 3 times since the original endeavor...each time it grows in size......May not make the hubby happy while working on it, but it looks nice when done. Our largest fish is a koi...and he's about 8 years old at least. We have had many baby fish in there over the years.....The birds like bathing in it an I'm sure other critters use it too....

We just added a crane to it this year......
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 05:51:16 PM by barleychown »

Offline Patty S

« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2007, 03:06:23 AM »

That's absolutely awesome! :Yahoo:

When I first saw these pics, it was exactly how I had visualized Sarah's pond when it's all done, from when she described her plans to Peggy & I the other day! Man, that just represents sooo much work, & I think you've done an amazing job! :clap: It looks just like the ponds do in movie love scenes! :ThumbUp:

Dianna, am I missing something here? I want your foot to get well too, but this thread isn't about pretty feet! (?? "again" ??) 
      Here... maybe this'll help!
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2007, 02:16:36 PM by Patty S »

kratz7

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2007, 08:45:04 AM »
Hi Dianna, Thank You......Sorry to hear about a bum foot you have..... hope it gets better soon......

We enjoy sitting at the pond and watching all of the fish......

and the flowers bloom...

Charlotte
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:18:00 PM by Dianna »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2007, 03:13:29 PM »

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

The thought in my head that I was typing, didn't quite all make it to the post!

I meant to say that I want my foot to get well so that my pond can be pretty again. It is driving me crazy in the state it is in right now. I hurt my foot the day after I started re-doing the pond landscaping and haven't been able to get out there and finish it!

Charlotte, I love sitting out there and watching the fish. Samson used to let me pet him, but it has been so long since I could squat down to chat with them, that he probably has gone back to the wild state of mind. :D

Ponds in the yard make the whole landscape even more beautiful...
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2007, 03:15:24 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2007, 02:01:06 AM »
 :Wow: Charlotte, your pond is absolutely beautiful and so natural looking!   :ThumbUp: I think water always adds a nice touch to any yard.  :)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

kratz7

« Reply #8 on: Jul 22, 2007, 03:03:13 PM »
Thanks Girls,

I Love sitting out by the pond and watching the fish. We have noticed little black fish in the pond this year, they will grow up to be some type of fish, lol.....we have had baby fish for so many years that we don't have to buy them. We have shabunkin,1 huge Koi, Fancy guppies, fantail fish, Gold Fish and probably a few mixed breeds by now. We also have a resident frog that goes between our pond and the creek down the way.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:18:41 PM by Dianna »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2007, 03:18:41 PM »
I only have two feeder goldfish in my little puddle. They have really put out some growth since we bought them. I had another goldfish and a pleco, but they have been gone for awhile now. :'(

We have frogs visit every now and again. Do you ever find turtles in your pond? I found one about the size of a quarter one time. He was fast, but I managed to evict him and give him the drainage creek for a new home...
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2007, 08:15:37 PM by Jim »

kratz7

« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 2007, 03:30:48 PM »
We have had frogs just show up, but no turtles. I do enjoy watching the birds giving themselves a bath in the waterfall......
The other critters come for a drink too......

The turtle must have been cute though........Do they destroy fish and plants?
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 05:48:06 PM by barleychown »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #11 on: Jul 22, 2007, 03:44:38 PM »
I have heard that they will nibble on fish, but don't know for sure, Charlotte. The one I caught in mine, though, could have been in danger of being fish food because he was so small. ;D I figured I would make both the fish and the turtle much happier by separating them.

We have lots of snapping turtles around here. I am not sure what kind the little one was, but he sure was cute. Didn't look like a snapper...

MassMama

« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2007, 08:26:34 AM »
 :Wow: I really love the pond Charlotte!! I can't get my lily pad flowers to bloom for nothing!! I sure love the color of the one you have!!  :ThumbUp:

Dianna it was probably a slider turtle was its head red or yellow?? I used to have a baby one in my pond till Nick was playing with it  :Crybaby:  :Crybaby:  :oops: I decided to wait a while before getting another one...

crazfranny

« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2007, 10:59:26 PM »
wwwwwoowwwwwwwwwww !

B E A U TYFUL POND,must ve been a lot of work,but succesfuly done.

christy

« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2007, 11:38:52 PM »
kratz! thats beauitful! wooo you got tons of fish! lucky you!

:laughmao: dianna i was wondering about the getting your feet wet so they be pretty thing

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal