Author Topic: Mushrooms  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Mushrooms
« on: Aug 21, 2007, 01:42:49 PM »
Every time it rains around here, I find mushrooms in Angel's little fenced in yard. :dunno: Are these poisonous? I go out and pick them and throw them away...

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Pharmerphil

Re: Mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2007, 06:23:10 AM »
these appear to be in the Amanita family, and they are either deadly poison, or will make you wish you were dead, or make you Think you are a member of the Grateful Dead :Wacko: :laughmao:
seriously tho, with mushrooms, especially the amanita family, and there are several in it, including the destroying Angel, and Death Cap, along with A. Muscaria, the one most often pictured..
There is no Guessing at the safety, find a local expert :ThumbUp:
Go googlin der Dianna

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:06:16 AM »
 :SmileyFear:

Well, Phil, a'googlin' I will go, I guess, now that you have gotten me scared to death with all the "dead" comments! :Whack: Do you have any idea how many different kinds of mushrooms there are out there in Google Land? :smack:

Hey, wait a minute! Don't you have a "mushroom" guy over at your house? I think I will take the picture there and plaster it on your walls and see if he can identify it for me! ;)

I have been picking these things, even though Angel has shown no inclination to taste 'em. Guess that is a good thing. Sure don't need a sick baby around the house....
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

MassMama

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:17:50 AM »
 :SmileyFear: :SmileyFear: just make sure you wash your hands Dianna!!  :SmileyFear:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2007, 06:45:43 AM »
there are many look alikes I wouldn't take any chances. 

mushrooms like wood in their soil.  Is there any chance you could get a truck load of sand and put it in her area.  That should solve the problem. 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2007, 08:25:14 PM »
Phil, you were right on the money! :ThumbUp: I asked the local expert at "your" house and he said that they were in the Amanti family, too. :SmileyFear: I never figured out the type of Amanti that they are, but what I read about the whole family scared me to death! :o I sure don't want them around for Angel or the grandbabies to be tasting!

I don't like mushrooms in my food, anyway, so I know I won't be fixing them in our meals... ;)

Thank you, Phil!

Rita, I can't remember if I washed my hands after I picked them or not, but I know I washed my hands before I started cooking or eating... ;)

Duh, we bush-hogged the whole acreage when we moved here, so there are probably some little roots left in the ground from small trees. Sand would be a good idea out there to add to her yard, especially with the drainage problems we have out there when it rains. Thanks for the advice...

Thanks, once again, for the advice and comments!

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2007, 08:29:21 PM by Dianna »

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »
Dianna, mind if I borrow your thread to tell a story? Didn't think so! ;)

So, as many of you know, since we moved in the "lady" next door has been a HUGE pain. Because of this, and because she hates my animals, every morning when I let them out I walk the fence line to make sure nothing has been thrown over that could hurt my animals.

Over the course of two or three weeks I kept finding a wierd pile of "yuck", that sort of looked like that "expanding foam" you can get cans of, that you spray,  always within throwing distance of the fence line. Let me tell you, I was ticked!

Then, while cruising a forum, I saw someone else having the same problem...and someone suggested looking up "dog vomit fungus". I did...and that was it! Now, that is one wierd creation! :laughmao: And, how could you not love something with a name like that?

Here's a link to a page about it...http://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/s/a/sam21/dogvomit.htm
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal