Author Topic: Well if I get the garden apartment...  (Read 2260 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Well if I get the garden apartment...
« on: Aug 31, 2007, 08:21:31 AM »
it looks like the move is on again.  And the landlord has a garden apartment vacant.  It has two levels of lawn and a garden shed.  I'm very excited as I'm sure you can guess.  There are two almond trees in the front that I would love to harvest.  If I knew when to do that.  And there is a cherry tree in my part of the yard.  The tree is a wild variety and the limbs don't even start until they are taller than my head.  But it does create a nice shade area for the upper lawn.  So there is a place for my hostas, variegated ornamental grass, columbine, snapdragons Malva and jacobs ladder. 

And I'm also thinking about a foundation bed around the side of the apartment.  That would also be shade.

And then a boarder flower bed around the fence that would be full sun.  And over by the garden shed I could put in a vegetable garden.  And next to the side walk I could have a flower bed for some of my miniatures with ornamental kale for the fall color. 

Do I sound excited?  Well yes I am.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
Re: Well if I get the garden apartment...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2007, 08:26:59 AM »
Hey, thats so great.....i can imagine how excited you are.

Love to see some pics if you can??

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2007, 08:35:09 AM »
Duh, I will be so happy for you when you get moved and settled in. I know this past year has been hectic with never knowing when you are going to have to relocate.

I can't wait until you are able to take a deep breath and just relax with the move behind you!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2007, 01:57:31 AM »
Oh, Duh, this sounds wonderful!  :Wow:  Geesh, it sounds like you're going to have everything you need and love.  :ThumbUp: Now, you don't have to win the lottery to be happy!  :laughmao:  I'm so happy for you!   :Glee: 

You know, Duh, it sounds like you almost have a blank canvas to work with. ;) I would love to see some pictures of all this, before and after!  :Whis:
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2007, 02:00:08 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2007, 06:19:15 AM »
I'm working on finding a pentium motherboard that I can swap out for my x86 AT/AT compatible.  One of our ladies sons likes to take apart computers.  I'm hoping he will have one that he is willing to give up.  I may be out of my mind but that is my hope.  It's a chance anyway.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2007, 06:22:30 AM »
I'm thinking I'll take the banana pepper plants and one of the spice peppers with me.  The egyptian walking onions too. 

Offline G-Mom

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2007, 07:50:55 AM »

I am so excited for you!  You work hard and deserve a larger yard to beautify.  I can't wait to see some pics!

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2007, 01:48:44 PM »
Hey Duh, did you get the garden apartment?   :unsure:  Geesh, I must have missed that thread, :smileyNo: but I saw the congratulations for you, so I'm offering my congratulations too!  :Wow:  Well, guess I can stop praying now!   :Whis:
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2007, 02:01:33 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2007, 08:00:14 AM »
thanks for the prayers patches.  They definitely worked.  I don't know when the move will take place.  We are still working on details.  The landlord estimated about 2 to 4 months. 

It's possible that they will pay for the move.  If so I'll have to unpack eveything I packed.  Wouldn't that be a hoot after living all this time without that stuff and then having to unpack it so they can pack it back up?  Just my luck lol.

Anyway I'll know more next week.  They are suppose to come over then and talk to us. 

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2007, 06:56:19 PM »
You're more than welcome for the prayers, Duh!  Actually, I enjoy praying for people since it lets God know I'm still around and talking with Him.  ;)  Geesh, Duh, if the move takes 2 to 4 months could that mean you would be moving in the dead of winter.  :yikes: Not a fun thing to do.    :smileyNo:

It's possible that they will pay for the move.  If so I'll have to unpack eveything I packed.  Wouldn't that be a hoot after living all this time without that stuff and then having to unpack it so they can pack it back up?  Just my luck lol.

I can certainly understand how you feel and I see the ironic humor in the situation, but on the other hand, I think if they might be paying for the move, then that would really be some GOOD LUCK for you!!!   :ThumbUp:   
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2007, 01:46:30 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »
Well I won't be moving into the garden apartment.  The bathroom is way to small and I just can't handle the lack of a bathtub.  Hopefully something else will open up.

Offline patches

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »
Oh, Duh, I'm so sorry to hear that because I know you were looking forward to it.  :( NO bathtub!  :yikes: I can understand just how you feel.  I don't like taking showers, but I do love soaking in the bathtub!    :Whis:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »
Oh, Duh! I am sooo sorry! I know what it is like to not have a tub and it is NOT fun. When we moved in here- we had been without a tub for almost 5 years. :yikes: No fun with small girls that love to take a bath. I know He will find you a place that is perfect for you!! Prayers that it comes quickly!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2007, 03:01:05 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about this... I hope you can find something soon that will be just perfect for you.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #14 on: Sep 12, 2007, 08:55:28 AM »
Thanks all.  It will be ok.  the county has hired a company to help the relocated people find house on a par with what we currently have.  I hope they do a good job.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal