Spirit Hunting > Basic Tools And Equipment

Cameras - Digital or SLR

<< < (4/5) > >>

Patty S:
I used to have a $120. Canon Powershot A510 - (3.2 megapixels) but I tripped over BG in the livingroom when the lense was in the "out" position & landed on top of it, so it wouldn't work after that. :SmileyFit: I went down to the store immediately, to get another one (it was somebody's birthday), but they didn't have any Canons in stock. :Crybaby:

I ended up replacing it with another cheapy... Samsung S630 (6.0 megapixels) & I like it fine.  I think it takes better closeups than the Canon, but if I ever need to replace it, *I'll go with Canon again, without question.  I spent $12 on an extended warrantee for this one, cuz I'm such a clutz! :Wacko:

*I like Canon best... mainly cuz both, their web site, & their 800 number provides the most excellent tech support of any electronic product I've ever owned. (Prompt, friendly & thorough. :yesssss: You hardly find that ANYWHERE these days!)

Jayrod1972:
mine is from the dark ages :viking: its a HP c-200 1 mega pixel...... I need a up grade.

Jim:
I thought I would bump this topic up again because we all like photos and I can't believe there aren't more comments about the cameras we use.

Today the digital camera is following the route that most electronic items do in that as more people buy them, they tend to come down in price.  Once you get to a particular price range, then it's pretty much the features that make the difference.

Patty mentioned the colors in her pictures.  One of the things we can do before purchasing most of the camera's available today is to compare the specifications.  By doing that you can get an idea on how the colors are reproduced by the camera's mechanism.  Camera's are still, for the most part in the category where you get what you pay for. 

Looks like Canon is still winning among us with 5, 2 Fuji, 1 Leica, 1 Sony, 1 HP, and one Samsung.

Triss:
I will pop in with mine.  I have a Kodak EasyShare Z612.  It has a 12X zoom and converts at some point to digital zoom.  6.1 MegaPixel , 2 1/2 inch color display, and it records video at 30 frames per second with sound and at 640x480 size. 

I love all aspects of this camera.  The video is always clear and crisp even when I am moving all around.  One of my favorite features is the ability to switch modes.  I can get perfect fireworks pics with the fireworks setting and also great indoor shots like inside the zoo with the museum setting.

Another awesome feature is the burst photos which will take several shots in a row.  Most excellent for trying to catch kinds in action or birds.

sunsoaker:
I'll jump in with mine here.  I have a Kodak LS754 5 MegaPixel w/2.8X optical zoom, 3.6X advanced digital zoom10X total zoom. 
It has all these screen modes: auto, portrait, close-up, self-portrait, museum/manner, night landscape, night portrait, sport, landscape, snow, beach, party, fireworks, backlight, children, and flower; plus takes in color, b&w, or sepia.

I can take video until I run out of memory. With my memory card, I can record 3 ro 4 complete songs (video of someone karaoke-ing) before running out of memory.

But the best thing I like is the battery is more like a cell phone battery and I can take hundreds of pics before recharching!! I just put it in the dock when not using and it charges, and I load my pics to the PC from there. I Don't have to mess with plugging it in anywhere or changing batteries. Very convenient to use. Oh, and it takes great pics.

I've had this camera a few years and see no need to upgrade as I'm happy with this one :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version