Author Topic: Whats for Dinner??  (Read 10956 times)

Offline patches

Re: Whats for Dinner??
« Reply #25 on: Oct 14, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »
Oh, :Wow:. what kind of perogies are you making, Tonya?  :SmileyQmarks: I love all kinds, but I think my favorite is the potato and cheese!   :Whis:  The recipe I have is from one of the Polish ladies from my childhood church and school that I got years ago, right after I was married.  :Whis:
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 12:18:34 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #26 on: Oct 14, 2007, 08:10:18 AM »
Today will be left over turkey roast, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, green beans and 12 grain bread with butter.  And I made a white cake with cream cheese frosting for desert.  That will be desert for more than a week for me.  lol

MassMama

« Reply #27 on: Oct 14, 2007, 10:39:48 AM »
Roasted Chicken, mashed potatoes ,gravey,corn and rolls..
We don't eat desert so I am good to go with that

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #28 on: Oct 14, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »
Duh, How many do you feed? We are definitely having the beef I roasted yesterday. But it's a little too early to figure out how I'm going to present it. Hot, open-faced beef sandwiches? That is what is sounding good right this minute. But it's only 9 am. here.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #29 on: Oct 14, 2007, 01:39:55 PM »
I'm fixing pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied carrots, fresh green beans with bacon, and stewed apples.  :smile: Actually, this is probably one of my favorite meal combinations.  ;) Since I usually don't get to cook or eat like this when I have school,  this will give me a few meals for those days.   :idea:   
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 01:42:11 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Patty S

« Reply #30 on: Oct 14, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »
Tina, this is what I do with my leftover roast beef, unless there is a chunk large enough for nice slices to make hot beef sandwiches with...

I cook up some white rice & *set it aside so it can cool & dice up the roast into bite-size pieces...

Using my large electric skillet, I scramble a few eggs in enough cooking oil so that they don't stick...

Add the cold rice & diced meat...

Sprinkle in dried parsley, chopped onion, minced garlic, leftover veggies & about a Tbsp of sugar (I don't do any measuring) :nutz:...

As I'm stirring that all together, I add Soy Sauce (enough to color everything & to keep it sorta moist), & turn the heat down so all the ingredients can warm up, while I'm re-heating the leftover gravy from the roast meal. (We like gravy on our Fried Rice, & the people at Chinese restaurants look at us like we're crazy, when we ask for gravy!)

*If you don't let the rice cool, it'll be sticky & gummy. (I usually cook the rice early in the day if I'm planning this for dinner, but have made it an hour or 2 ahead of time & set it outside so it can cool faster.)

Just an idea for you, if your people like rice. It's quick & easy, only dirties 2 pans, & the only other thing you'll need to put on the table is a bowl of fruit or a dessert. :wink5:
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 01:50:31 PM by Patty S »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #31 on: Oct 14, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »
Thank you, Patty. I do fried rice here about twice a week. With or without any leftover meat. You do it backwards from the way I do though. If I add eggs it is at the end of the process. I love jasmine rice. It rarely ever gets sticky. And it adds an aroma all it's own to the mix. Soy is saved for those who want it on at the table. (that is only me)
The roast beef last night was untouched. John decided to just have soup and I don't eat as much meat as I used to. So I popped the whole thing in a baggie as soon as it was cool enough and saved the drippings.  So I have at least two meals in beef to do. I am working on it.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 02:30:50 PM by Tina »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #32 on: Oct 16, 2007, 04:16:37 PM »
Patti- I buy my perogies in the frozen food section of the grocery store. Mrs. T's....there are Potato and Cheddar and Potato and onion. I always get the potato and onion ones, because I love onions! :grinnnn:

Last night we had spaghetti with green beans that I sauteed with bacon, butter, garlic, onion, and herbs. YUMMO!! Beans were ALL gone. I used canned spaghetti sauce so there was leftovers there. The family likes my homemade sauces better.

Tonight is a hodge podge. Doug and I(and maybe Mackenna) are having catfish nuggets, Summer(and maybe Mackenna) is having either chicken tenders- since she can't have fish right now-(homemade) or leftover spaghetti. For veggies, I am doing homemade french fries and probably collard greens.

Offline patches

« Reply #33 on: Oct 16, 2007, 04:48:45 PM »
Tonya, I thought you were making them from scratch.  :dunno: I've never tried any of the frozen ones, but I'll keep them in mind because they might be good when I'm pressed for time.  :idea:

I've been at school all day and won't be home until about 5:30, so I'm having one of my pork tenderloin home-made T.V. dinners tonight.   :Whis:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #34 on: Oct 16, 2007, 06:50:02 PM »
I love homemade pirogies.  The last time I made them - the batch was huge!  I think I may still have a baggie of them in the freezer.  I wonder how long they keep?

Tonight we're keeping it simple and light: BLAT's aka Bacon Lettuce Avocado and Tomato - in a wrap.  Probably going to sneak some cheese in there too and some Ranch dressing.  When I said 'light' I meant not heavy, I did not mean low-cal   :laughpound:

Offline patches

« Reply #35 on: Oct 17, 2007, 12:23:32 AM »
I agree that home-made perogies are wonderful, but sometimes it makes more than I can use at one time too.  I have frozen mine, but I actually don't know how long they would keep  :smileyNo: because I use mine up pretty quickly.  ;) Since I really don't have a lot of freezer space, my food moves through there rather fast.    :Whis:

MassMama

« Reply #36 on: Oct 17, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »
Hellloooo Tonight I am making lasagna for tomarrows dinner with some bread on the side with some italian dipping oil with it..

tonight it is french toast and fried potatoes with bacon  :ThumbUp:

Ohhh smells sooo good

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #37 on: Oct 17, 2007, 06:06:42 PM »
Yummm, Rita, can I come by tomorrow for dinner?  I love lasagna!

Tonight we're having Spicy Cheeseburger Soup with cornbread.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #38 on: Oct 17, 2007, 06:39:18 PM »
Tonight for us is pork roast, rice and corn.  Nothing really exciting but the kids love pork and rice!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #39 on: Oct 17, 2007, 07:03:58 PM »
I haven't decided and it's 4 o'clock all ready. I stuffed myself at lunch and now I'm not awfully hungry. John decided he was going to have some more beef and a salad. That works for me.

Offline patches

« Reply #40 on: Oct 17, 2007, 08:44:47 PM »
Well, I cheated tonight because I had school, so I stopped at Captain D's and had two pieces of fish, green beans, cole slaw and hushpuppies.  Everything was fresh and tasted great!   :Whis:

MassMama

« Reply #41 on: Oct 18, 2007, 05:37:37 AM »
Sure Come on over Christy!!  :ThumbUp:

everyones dinner sounds good!!  :542:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #42 on: Oct 18, 2007, 10:40:33 AM »
Last night we had Swiss Steak(lightly floured and browned cubed steak with a can of tomatoes, a can of cream of mushroom soup, onions, garlic, and spices in a baking dish for about 40 minutes) Mashed potatoes, and spinach. BIG hit! :grinnnn:

Tonight- chicken(not sure how to do it yet), Mac and cheese, and broccoli.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #43 on: Oct 18, 2007, 12:38:18 PM »
Tonight is my Penne A''la Vodka......everyone loves it, and its a cool day, so its a good dayto make it.

Offline patches

« Reply #44 on: Oct 18, 2007, 02:30:07 PM »
Oh, Tonya, I love Swiss Steak, but I only use a large can of tomatoes without any cream of mushrooms soup.  I fix scalloped potatoes and peas with mine.  Of course, when apples are in season, I will fix stewed apples with it.  This is one of my standard recipes, so the sides are always the same.   :Whis:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #45 on: Oct 18, 2007, 02:33:21 PM »
Tonight is ministrone soup.  It is all cooked and ready to go for later.  Adding some french bread with it.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #46 on: Oct 18, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
Since I had school today I needed something quick and easy.  I had some fresh ground round, so I made Salisbury Steak with brown mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, white creamed corn and sliced pineapple with cream cheese.  The best part is that I now have three more T.V. dinners for when I get in a pinch. :Yahoo:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #47 on: Oct 19, 2007, 06:45:25 AM »
Tonight will be stir fry with rice. I can't wait- we haven't had this one in quite a while!! :542:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #48 on: Oct 19, 2007, 08:09:45 AM »
Ummmmm somthing with chicken here, not sure just what yet, but i got chicken out of the freezer.

Offline patches

« Reply #49 on: Oct 19, 2007, 12:15:45 PM »
It's Friday, so I'll be frying a fresh whole catfish that my neighbor caught and cleaned for me.   :Yahoo:  I'll make some cole slaw and then just pop one of the Stouffer's mac & cheese in the microwave.  :Whis:

Tonight will be stir fry with rice.

Oh, Tonya, stir fry sounds wonderful!  I make a chicken and shrimp stir fry that I serve over rice, and it's great!  I love this thread because it gives me some ideas for things I haven't made in a while and this is one of them.  Thanks!!!  ;)  
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2007, 12:23:19 PM by patches »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal