Author Topic: Whats for Dinner??  (Read 10957 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Whats for Dinner??
« Reply #50 on: Oct 20, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »
I only cook for one myself so there are always leftovers.  When I do fried rice it lasts me several days which is great.  I use the "Lite" Soy Sauce it is much better in my opinion.  But that's just me, I don't have much tolerance for salt.

Let's see, since I haven't been on since I de-cookied my computer I've made liver and onions yummy and SOS on toast for dinner.  You can tell I'm way into gravy.  Which reminds me I definitely use gravy over rice.  Usually white rice but I'm sure it would be just as good over refried rice. 

Offline patches

« Reply #51 on: Oct 20, 2007, 04:00:04 PM »
I decided to buy some more ground round because the sale ends today, so tonight I'm making Mock Filet Mignon with grilled mushrooms, baked potato with sour cream, and marinated grilled asparagus with capers.  This best part is I can do all this on the grill, so there's no pots & pans to wash.   :Yahoo:  Actually, I wanted to have a salad too, but without fresh tomatoes it just doesn't sound appealing.  :SmileyFit:  Well, I guess growing your own tomatoes sure spoils you!!!   :Whis:
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2007, 04:01:36 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #52 on: Oct 20, 2007, 07:56:37 PM »
So, Patti, do you have that recipes for mock filet mignon posted somewhere around here?
We are having wings, salad and pasta something or other. I'm still deciding on that one. Jonni has been a bottomless pit since she got home (almost 24 hours). But she didn't lose weight while adventuring.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #53 on: Oct 21, 2007, 12:26:47 AM »
Well, Tina, there's really not much of a recipe for my "Mock" Filet Mignon, because when I make them I only want the taste of freshly grilled steak.  So, I use ground round and add just a dash of garlic powder to the meat then make some nice thick patties.  Since the ground round cooks faster than a steak, I lightly fry some bacon slices and wrap one around each patty and secure it with a toothpick.  Then I grill them on medium to high, because I like mine with a slighly pink center.   :ThumbUp:

Actually, most recipes for "Mock" Filet Mignon use flank steak which is very tough unless it's marinated. I've found most marinades take away the taste of fresh grilled meat, so I don't use it for my "Mock Filet Mignon".  Although whenever I make London Broil I will buy a thick flank steak and use Adolph's For the Grill "Roasted Garlic", and I like that taste for it because now it's a taste I associate with London Broil.   
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #54 on: Oct 21, 2007, 07:25:24 AM »
the dirty rice recipe looks to good to pass up so I'm thinking if doing that for tonight.  Although, the sausage and beans looks really good to.  Maybe I'll do that tomorrow night.  Well if I do it early I have to go out later in the evening.

MassMama

« Reply #55 on: Oct 21, 2007, 09:19:59 AM »
Last night I got spoiled .. we were given a 100 dollar gift card to a really nice reastaurant..
I had baked stuffed shrimp and filet minon.. with a glass of wine..
Keith had prime rib and a lobster.  :Wow: was it ever good.. We used up the whole card  :laughmao: :nutz: we will not frequent this place. :Whis: we don't have the budget for it!

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #56 on: Oct 21, 2007, 09:59:52 AM »
Tonight is chicken thats been marinating in lime and tequila........now remember, i said the chickens been marinating......NOT ME  :Whis: :laughmao: :laughmao: :laughmao:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #57 on: Oct 21, 2007, 10:00:54 AM »
 :Wow: I want one, Rita!!  :laughmao: Sounds like you guys had a great time! You deserve it! :kissies:

Last night was Steak on the grill, boiled potatoes, and corn. Tonight will be Chicken Bog. (Basically chicken and sausage with rice and veggies, let simmer ALL DAY, and enjoy!)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #58 on: Oct 21, 2007, 12:22:17 PM »
I need to check out my freezer. John can't eat red meat for a few days.

Offline patches

« Reply #59 on: Oct 21, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »
Keith had prime rib and a lobster

Oh geesh, Rita, I would have liked to have his doggie bag.  Those are my two favorite meals when I go out.  Of course, right now, lobster is out of the question.   :shock:

I've been outside all day so I'm just heating up one of my pork tenderloin T.V. dinners that I made last week.  One dish and a knife and fork to wash, then I'm done for the evening.   :Yahoo:
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2007, 12:23:26 AM by patches »

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #60 on: Oct 23, 2007, 03:46:39 PM »
Tonight we're having, probably, Broccoli Cheese soup and homemade Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks. 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #61 on: Oct 23, 2007, 05:28:46 PM »
Tonight is pizza, we were suppose to have that at Mom and Dad's but I think Mom has the same cold the kids had last week even though she was not around them.  Dad is bringing the pizza over here instead.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

MassMama

« Reply #62 on: Oct 23, 2007, 05:58:27 PM »
Keith had prime rib and a lobster

Oh geesh, Rita, I would have liked to have his doggie bag.  Those are my two favorite meals when I go out.  Of course, right now, lobster is out of the question.   :shock:

Why is lobster out??  :shock:

Tonight were having fend for yourself night.. what ever you feel like eating.. Make it yourself  :ThumbUp:

Offline patches

« Reply #63 on: Oct 24, 2007, 12:33:47 AM »
Why is lobster out?? 

$$$$$$$$$$  :yikes:  :shock:  Geesh, Rita, if you look at your bill I would have thought it was evident!   :rofl1:   :laughmao:   :laugh1:

I had a long, rough day at school, and I was tired by the time I was finished, so I kinda cheated tonight.  ;)  I stopped at KFC.  I had the wing dinner with green beans and mashed potatoes & gravy.   :Whis:   

MassMama

« Reply #64 on: Oct 24, 2007, 06:26:20 AM »
 :Groaner: Sorry Patti I forget living so close to the atlantic and Maine here makes such a difference.. I can get a pound and a half lobster for 4.99 a lb.. which isn't that much..

I had a turkey sandwich for dinner last night it was yummy.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #65 on: Oct 24, 2007, 07:55:42 AM »
Last night we had Sausage, peppers and onions over noodles with devilled eggs and blueberry cobbler(homemade) for dessert. Tonight- not sure.....I'm thinking stroganoff with spinach and something. :dunno:

I wish we could afford Lobster, too... :Crybaby: I love Lobster and crablegs :542: :542:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #66 on: Oct 24, 2007, 08:29:54 AM »
Tonya that looks yummy.  I may do something like that myself. 

Offline patches

« Reply #67 on: Oct 24, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »
Sorry Patti I forget living so close to the atlantic and Maine here makes such a difference.. I can get a pound and a half lobster for 4.99 a lb

Oh my gosh!!! :shock: :shock: In restaurants around here they won't even put a price on the menu, it just says something like "price available on request"!  :yikes:  Actually,  I've never bought a whole lobster, I used to just buy the lobster tail because that's enough for me.   ;)

I love Lobster and crablegs 

Oh, me too, Tonya!  Crab legs are awesome, but they require a little work before you're rewarded with your feast.   :SmileyFit: 

Tonight I'm fixing shrimp and chicken stir fry with rice. 
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2007, 01:06:44 PM by patches »

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #68 on: Oct 25, 2007, 05:28:28 PM »
I got really sick off of scallops when I was prego and haven't cared for anything from the ocean since. 

Tonight we're having Calzones that I made a few weeks back.  Rachael has a fundraiser thing to go to tonight, so we are pressed for time. 

Offline Tonya

« Reply #69 on: Oct 25, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »
Tonight is fried Spots(fish) and boiled blue crabs. My neighbor gave us a bunch of both yesterday.... :542:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #70 on: Oct 25, 2007, 06:39:16 PM »
I'm doing something with chicken, probably a stir fry. I bought fried chicken from our grocery deli last night. John still can't do red meat for a few days. And he doesn't like fish.

Offline patches

« Reply #71 on: Oct 25, 2007, 08:23:22 PM »
I love sea scallops, but don't care for the bay scallops.  :smileyNo: They always seem like they have sand in them or something that makes them gritty!!!   :ScratchHead:

The market here had pork tenderloin on sale this week for $2.99 a pound, so I got two of them.  :Yahoo: I'm baking them now and fixing candied carrots, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy and baked apples to complete the meal.   ;)   

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #72 on: Oct 25, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »
Yum Patti!

We had salmon, fried pink potatoes and green bean casserole.  It was really good but I ate way too much.

Offline patches

« Reply #73 on: Oct 26, 2007, 12:00:11 AM »
It was delicious, Triss, but I think I overdid it too!  :yikes:

Actually, I love a lot of seafood, but just don't care for the taste of salmom.  My Mom loved it, but I guess I didn't acquire her taste for it.  I think it's really funny how we all seem to have different preferences when it comes to food. 

What are fried pink potatoes?   :unsure:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #74 on: Oct 26, 2007, 12:27:03 AM »
Salmon is one of those dinners I could eat once a week.  I am glad we live somewhere now that I can get it cheap and it tastes the way it should.  In Nebraska it was not all that good at all.

Fried pink potatoes are those lil ones, Dan says they are actually called red potatoes... I did not have the regular spuds so I cut those up and fried them with onions and garlic.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal