Author Topic: So do you Sew 2  (Read 14751 times)

christy

Re: So do you Sew 2
« Reply #50 on: Sep 29, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »
looks great triss
did you gey more jeans triss??? i know i have a few pair here i been meanin to send to the good will, i can send em to you instead.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #51 on: Sep 29, 2007, 04:58:31 PM »
I got 3 more pairs when I cleaned out my closet, but I have not done anything with them yet.  I HAVE to work on my afghan and have not done that either.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

christy

« Reply #52 on: Oct 03, 2007, 01:06:35 AM »
 :grinnnn:  got one red flowerstar done, working on a black one now,

n heres a couple i started, this is just the tikki guys face, ill have to get a pic of the rest of him. i have a coffee cup with a tikki guy on it that i love n it gave me the idea to do a tikki guy quilt, just waiting for more fabric to come my way that i feel would make a good tikki guy.

n a flower applique i started n havent finished.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:50:42 PM by Dianna »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #53 on: Oct 03, 2007, 09:56:46 AM »
The tiki guy is fun!
:laughmao: And nice star squares too! :laughmao:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

christy

« Reply #54 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:05:01 AM »
 :laughmao: glad ya likes the squares!  :laughmao:  so how did you invision the fabrics to go together??  :grinnnn:  :laughpound:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #55 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »
Those are great Christy, you've done a grea job!!

Love the Tiki guy!!!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #56 on: Oct 03, 2007, 10:30:39 AM »
  so how did you invision the fabrics to go together??  :grinnnn:  :laughpound:
I didn't really. Just picked colors I thought looked similar in tone that sounded like colors you'd like from your description.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #57 on: Oct 03, 2007, 11:52:11 AM »
Looks great Christy.  You are making quick work of that one as well.

christy

« Reply #58 on: Oct 03, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »
thanks for your complaments;} gotta pick up another spool of thred tonight,  since ya liked the tiki guy i took a pic of all of him , still have the grey fabric for this border, one of these days ill finish him.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:51:50 PM by Dianna »

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #59 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »
Thats so cool  :Wow:, you've done a great job Christy, well done.... :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:

christy

« Reply #60 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:37:06 AM »
this is were i got the idea to do a tiki guy, from my coffee cup lol  k so they dont look anything alike.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:52:01 PM by Dianna »

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #61 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:44:30 AM »
What a cool mug, i can see why you like him, very cool!!!!

christy

« Reply #62 on: Oct 04, 2007, 10:56:54 AM »
 :laughmao: thanks penny i gotta guard him all the time,   :police:  so he dont get broke or stolen!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #63 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:02:29 AM »
OK all you quilters, I need a lil help.  When you are putting your pieces together, do you iron between each piece?  Also do you iron the ends on on each side, or both to one side? (Does that make sense?)

And one final question, what tips can you give me to make one block line up nicely with another one?  For instance, getting angles of a triangle to meet up?

I am working on something and not all that happy with how the pieces have lined up.  It is just a practice piece and these are the questions I came away with.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #64 on: Oct 05, 2007, 09:12:02 AM »
Iron down the center of the 2 pieces so the right pieces is folded on its back and the left piece is on the back of the left (make sense?)That way when you add it to the next block it lies flatter. You can "finger press" between each piece and then iron the whole block when its done. Use your thumb & first finger & rub quickly.

Angels of a triangle?? Huh?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #65 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
I tried the whole finger press thing and I still seemed to get ripples in the fabric.  Lemme get a pic...

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #66 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »
How are your quilts coming along these days Triss??

Any new pics??

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #67 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:11:16 PM »
Yep... I have been working on this one... kind of just did it and then ran into the issues above.  I think if I iron between pieces I can get them to line up better.  The triangle corners are not lining up correctly when I put the two halves of the block together and I think it is cuz the fabric is not flat enough.  So this one is a little rough.

(clickable)

It is going to be a wall hanging that I am going to mount to cardboard and add ribbon and buttons so I can slip pictures into it.  It will go up on the wall to the right of the bookshelf in my lil corner of the world.  This is my work space now.

(clickable)

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #68 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:14:37 PM »
HEY......i see those totes, need to get me some of those...........your area looks great, its nice to have a spot, not that i would know  :rolleyes1:......but i do like yours.  :grinnnn:
The quilt is so pretty, yellow is always such a soothing color.........very nice  :ThumbUp:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #69 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
Thanks Penny... it may be a small spot, stuffed back into a corner, but I like it that way.  My stuff is out of the kids reach and I have enough space on that table for the things I like to do.  There is room to have the sewing machine and a small work space or my scrapbook laid out in the back and space in the front to cut and work on a layout.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #70 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:20:01 PM »
 :ThumbUp: Its funny cuz we were just talking lastnight on how we need more room in our bedroom and Brad is thinking of expanding the closet to add all shelves, and a few shelves for me......that would be awsome if he did  :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #71 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »
It would be Penny.  It really does not take a whole lot of space, just creative storage.  I know I lost some table space putting the shelf on top of it, but I gained all of that storage space and a place for plants way up there on top.  I am sure I will be tweaking the space a bit until I have it all organized the right way.  The plan is to be able to walk in there and do a lil work on whatever here and there without having to take twice the time to set it up as doing the actual work.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #72 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »
Well in our room, where the closet is, and next to it ,its a dead wall, our bed is there, but it can be easily moved and knock out the one wall to the cloest and move it over another 4 1/2 feet and add the shelves and that way, it would eliminate a dresser too.
He plans to do it this winter and we can re-paint at the same time.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #73 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
That sounds very exciting!!! Talk to him about adding good lighting and a table in there as a work space as well! 

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #74 on: Oct 05, 2007, 01:31:52 PM »
OK the ? was how to get the points of the 'pinwheel' all at 1 point then. I put my pieces faced right side together and use pins to be sure the points are right where they belong. then even if the seams on back are a little off its ok cause the front looks right. You can also give the fabric a light tug while sewing if it seems just a tiny bit off. it'll iron flat in the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal