Author Topic: So do you Sew ~~3~~  (Read 12512 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
So do you Sew ~~3~~
« on: Oct 14, 2007, 08:15:04 AM »
Ooops, went a bit over there.
Sew show us your sewing, quilting, etc etc projects! :Glee:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

Re: So do you Sew ~~3~~
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2007, 08:17:22 AM »
I opened one too ... could someone delete mine for me please?

Thank you Wrennie!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2007, 08:20:54 AM »
What can i say, Great minds..... we posted 15 seconds apart!  :laugh1: :laugh1:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2007, 08:24:05 AM »
Yep I seen page 5 and was like ohhhh were gonna get in trouble  :SmileyFear: better open a new one!  :SmileyFear:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2007, 08:28:42 AM »
Yep I seen page 5 and was like ohhhh were gonna get in trouble  :SmileyFear: better open a new one!  :SmileyFear:
me too!

christy

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2007, 02:45:08 AM »
 :laughmao:  so far so good! looks like ya's didnt get introule  :ThumbUp:
i got one more block line to sew n ill be done with the blue  takin me awile but im gettin there.  n i seen this quilting that went with the lines [edges] ya sewed but it zigzaged in a rounded way,  looked neat cause it gave your stright blocks a curvy look. think thats what im gonna do.

n i got my next project decided! traced out the pattern already, ya ever see the pic with the two cats sittin on the window sill lookin out? ive seen it on glass pics in magazines, n on quilt patterns, im gonna make my aunt one for the c word   :laugh1:
 its mostly applique so shouldnt take long just need to get the fabric .
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 02:54:05 AM by christy »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »
That does sound cool, Christy. I'll be watching for pictures of the progress.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

christy

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2007, 08:55:23 AM »
 :grinnnn: thought since some been takin pics with there hands to show the size i might as well  :grinnnn:

3 done n 6 more to go
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 05:50:32 PM by Dianna »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:22:42 AM »
Looking great, Christy!! Keep us updated! I have cut some more pieces, but haven't had a chance to sew any more on mine. I don't have a lot of the fabric- so I am just doing a wall hanging(my mom's idea). When I told her I was using Mammaw's pattern- she told me that mammaw would be very proud. I almost cried!

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:32:03 AM »
Wow, thats so pretty Christy, well done, cant wait to see more!!

What a great idea Tonya, and it will be all the more special too after what your Mom told you!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2007, 10:34:23 AM »
I really like your pattern and color combo Christy.  Looking good.

Tonya, ok I read that and got tears too, the wall hanging is going to be very special in more ways than one.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

christy

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »
tonya that is special! i think your gramma would be proud too.   
i think most of us who have hobbies love to see it get pasted down the family line,becomes like a tradition.

christy

« Reply #12 on: Oct 27, 2007, 03:13:03 AM »
5 done 4 more to go

tonya hows yours commin along?
rita doing anymore blue jean throws? or are ya goona do a quilt?
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 05:48:56 PM by Dianna »

MassMama

« Reply #13 on: Oct 27, 2007, 07:27:05 AM »
I have a few more to make Christy. I have completed 3 so far.. I really want to try quilting when I am all finished with this. We will see how the winter goes for me  :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #14 on: Oct 27, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »
I am at a standstill right now with mine. Between Mackenna, Summer, Doug, and the animals- I can't find time to sit down and sew anything :Crybaby: Hopefully after Halloween- I can get back at it! :ThumbUp:

christy

« Reply #15 on: Oct 27, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »
rita i think quilting is gonna be easy for you! the the way you masterdsewin with the jeans, cotton n other meterial is much eaisier to work with.

know what ya mean there tonya. i try to get up eairlier than bb or im up late after shes sleepin,

Offline Tonya

« Reply #16 on: Oct 27, 2007, 08:28:18 PM »
I would do that Christy, but Mackenna is a night owl and an early bird. :Crybaby: Next week should be a better week.

MassMama

« Reply #17 on: Oct 28, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
it is just all the angles and stuff Christy.. I know how to sew but I am lazy about it  :Blush: I just don't know if I would ever finish one,, :Whis:

christy

« Reply #18 on: Oct 28, 2007, 11:31:09 PM »
i have lots of unfinished ones started,  youll prouble have a bunch ya started, but once you get a "fellin" for one youll finish it  :ThumbUp: like your blue jean ones  :ThumbUp:

speakin of hubs [ k triss was sayin how dan liked her afgan then rememberd it was not for him  :laughmao: ]
i was showin my hubs the pic of the cat quilt i wanna do for my aunt, n he seen my rotti one i wanna do n said why cant you do that one?
i said cause the cat one is for christmas! hes like but i like the rottie one,  :rolleyes1: big babby! guess ill be doing a rotti one AFTER i do the cat one   :laughmao:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #19 on: Oct 29, 2007, 12:36:15 AM »
Well the one thing we can always think is that they appreciate the crafting that we do and we can keep on doing it knowing they will enjoy being the one who gets a gift we made every once in a while.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

MassMama

« Reply #20 on: Oct 29, 2007, 06:46:32 AM »
I finished cutting out for my 4th. I think I am going to do this one seam in and frey the outside it is a bit more patterned and pieces so I think it would be easier for me to do this way.

then I will be workning on scanning alll the pictures into the computer later on too :clap:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #21 on: Oct 29, 2007, 07:59:15 AM »
Someone, somewhere, on one of the forums I go on said they wanted to mke a crazy quilt and I cant remember who or where. Dave just gave me a bunch of fabric samples from the furniture he sells. Ill never use all of it.

MassMama

« Reply #22 on: Oct 29, 2007, 04:18:37 PM »
Ok halfway done with #4 ... I am doing this a bit different with the seams on the inside.. My question is do you NEED a batting to finish this or can I just add the flannel?

*broken link removed*

And I am using fabric photos to put on this.. Ummm do I add those before I put them together?
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2008, 12:00:28 AM by barleychown »

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #23 on: Oct 29, 2007, 04:52:01 PM »
It solely depends on you and how warm you want the quilt to be.  If you like it light, then by all means, just add your flannel and quilt to your hearts content.   

Are you saying that he pattern you have laid out, will also have fabric photos added to it?  My experience says that you'd need to assemble the top and bottom in their entirety before sewing the layers together.  Is that what your question was?  Now I'm confused.... :laughmao:

MassMama

« Reply #24 on: Oct 29, 2007, 06:24:23 PM »
 :thspeechless-vi: Ummm so I don't have to have a batting on this type of quilt??  :thx:

OK other question.. I have fabric picture photos that I guess I wanna aplique onto the top.. I need to do that first before putting it together right? I am sooo flipping confused right now!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal