Author Topic: Whats for dinner 2  (Read 14599 times)

MassMama

Whats for dinner 2
« on: Oct 31, 2007, 06:15:05 AM »
 :hb3: thanks for posting everyone.. it has been a great help when you get tired of the same ole thing!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

Re: Whats for dinner 2
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2007, 08:04:46 AM »
Thanks for opening a new one, Rita! :kissies:

Patti- you can get meat from the body also, but it is so difficult to get out that most people just eat the claws. It does kinda taste like crablegs, but since it has been so long since I have had crablegs(for real) that I can't remember the exact taste. The clawmeat on these is sweet, tho! :ThumbUp:

Tonight for dinner I am doing a chicken in the crockpot(Thank you Penny!!) with lima beans and rice with gravy. Then I am having Halloween candy!! :grinnnn: :542:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2007, 08:50:57 AM »
Tonight is chicken on the BBQ, with mashed potatos and a salad.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2007, 11:09:51 AM »
Would you believe broth followed by jello and mashed potatoes with butter if I can talk myself into standing up that long.

I've got another cold.  I'm beginning to think I'll be permanently sick.  Grrrrh, Ignore me I'm having a case of the "poor me's".

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2007, 12:24:57 PM »
Patti- you can get meat from the body also, but it is so difficult to get out that most people just eat the claws. It does kinda taste like crablegs, but since it has been so long since I have had crablegs(for real) that I can't remember the exact taste. The clawmeat on these is sweet, tho! 

Thanks, Tonya, they sound yummy, but I'm sure I can't get any around here.  I know I've never seen them.

Tonight I'm having ham & beans with cornbread! 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2007, 05:13:40 PM »
I think we are having hot dogs and beans. It was kind of a Halloween tradition in my house growing up.because there wasn't a lot of time between school/work/ costumes and going out trick or treating. But the time change has been pushed back so that messes with that a little and when dusk falls has changed because if it.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »
Tonight is Pork Tenderloin, I'm going to do it in the oven though, the wind has picked up and its cold out there  :ThumbUp:

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »
Penny, I always do my Pork Tenderloin in the oven or crockpot, because I love to have the gravy for my mashed potatoes and stuffing.  ;) Are you suggesting that you usually do yours on the grill?  :unsure: I've never done that, so how do you do it.   :SmileyQmarks:
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2007, 02:30:56 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2007, 05:30:31 PM »
Tonight is one of my pre-cooked home-made meals out of the freezer. Been so busy, I forgot to defrost something. And I'm way too tired to cook something up from scratch.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2007, 06:20:10 PM »
I made chicken noodle soup - I cheated though and didn't make my own noodles but used the frozen kind.  I'm exhausted and sick, so I'm hoping this is gonna cure me.  Right?  Got to fix some mashed potatoes to serve it on. 

Offline patches

« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2007, 06:57:54 PM »
Well, I just got home from school about 30 minutes ago, so I put a meat loaf in the oven and will be having scalloped potatoes, frozen peas and stewed apples with it.  Actually, I really love the cooler weather because there are so many wonderful things I can cook, because I don't like the heavier foods in the warmer weather.  :smileyNo:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2007, 07:47:20 PM »
I don't like heavy foods in hot weather, either. But mostly, I do not like heating up my kitchen. My dinner is taking way too long to cook. Jonni fixed her own something a while ago.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2007, 09:14:37 PM »
We had chicken and shrimp gumbo with rice......it was YUMMY! Tomorrow- no clue yet..... probably chicken something. I want pizza. :542:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »
Tonight we had pork tacos... they were so good.  I think tomorrow night will be meatloaf.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2007, 08:09:52 AM »
I'm defrosting the chicken for chicken noodle soup.  I've got a cold and I definitely need some "Jewish Penicillian".   Please don't take offense at the name.  I really believe the recipe I got helps.  It has dill in the soup and Vera says that's the active ingredient.

Offline patches

« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »
Well, I been busy doing a lot of different things, and now I don't feel like messing around with anything special for dinner.  :smileyNo: So, I'm just going to make some Sloppy Joes, baked beans and open a bag of potato chips.   :rofl1:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »
Mmmmm potato chips.  I don't think we've had potato chips in, literally, months.  mmmmmmmmmmm

For dinner tonight we're going to have biscuits and gravy.  I've been craving it since Triss mentioned it in SL a week or two ago.  And now I finally get to have them.  Woohoo!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2007, 05:49:16 PM »
We will be having brats and chips here. No messy kitchen to clean up... :BigGrin:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #18 on: Nov 02, 2007, 09:29:38 PM »
Dan made a concoction of rice and hamburger with pine nuts.  It was really good.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #19 on: Nov 02, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »
Well, I had to make a quick change in dinner plans this afternoon.  My neighbor brought me some fresh, cleaned Bluegill he caught today.  They were wonderful!!!  :Wow: I just breaded and fried them, then I made some Kraft Mac & cheese and opened up a can of aspargus spears, so it wasn't any more work than doing Sloppy Joes and it was much better!!!  :ThumbUp:     

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 03, 2007, 12:10:34 PM »
Penny, I always do my Pork Tenderloin in the oven or crockpot, because I love to have the gravy for my mashed potatoes and stuffing.  ;) Are you suggesting that you usually do yours on the grill?  :unsure: I've never done that, so how do you do it.   :SmileyQmarks:

I actually do mine on the grill alot, just brush with a little oil so that it doesnt stick, and cook over medium heat, for about 40 minutes, or check to see how pink inside, its actually really yummy done that way, if your BBQ is prone to flare ups, just shut off the burner that the meat is over, and cook on indirect heat, takes a little bit longer, but still very yummy!!

Offline patches

« Reply #21 on: Nov 03, 2007, 03:26:39 PM »
cook over medium heat, for about 40 minutes, or check to see how pink inside, its actually really yummy done that way

Okay, this is someting I need to clear up.  :ScratchHead: All my life I've been told that pork had to be throughly cooked (NO pink) because of trichinosis or something like that.  Several weeks ago, there was an article in the cooking section of our newspaper with recipes that suggested cooking pork with it pink inside.  I didn't save them because old habits die hard, so I didn't want to try them and get sick!  :smileyNo: I would love to have my pork a little more moist  :Yahoo: than what I'm used to eating.   :smileyNo:   Anyone have some feedback on this subject?   :dunno:   :feedback: 
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2007, 03:39:47 PM by patches »

Offline Patty S

« Reply #22 on: Nov 03, 2007, 04:26:57 PM »
I've heard the same thing about pork, Patti. I'd never serve pork unless it's thoroughly cooked... which means no pink! Likewise, I wouldn't serve venison on the rare side, either... but that's just "me". 

Consumers with food safety questions can phone the toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-800-535-4555. The hotline can be reached from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday, and recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day.

« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2007, 04:52:43 PM by Patty S »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #23 on: Nov 03, 2007, 04:38:21 PM »
The commercial pork these days is 'cleaner' than beef we get for the most part. And they've bred most of the fat out and that takes away moisture and flavor. Never eat pork rare though. Pigs are omnivorous and can still carry things that most plant-eating animals don't. I have also heard that slightly pinkish is ok. I want my pork with more natural juices like I remember from the old days. But I still end up with leather chops.

Offline patches

« Reply #24 on: Nov 03, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
I've heard the same thing about pork, Patti. I'd never serve pork unless it's thoroughly cooked... which means no pink!

Patty, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who has heard this, but I'm willing to change if it's safe.  :ThumbUp: Thanks for the number Patty, I will call them on Monday and get some more information.  ;) I love the taste of natural juices with my beef, plus it makes the meat so moist.

I wouldn't serve venison on the rare side, either... 

Well, I would NEVER serve venison PERIOD!!!  :smileyNo: :yikes: :smileyNo:  I just couldn't get past the picture of Bamba in my head!!!    :crying:

Thanks for the information, Tina!  :NewHug: I would never want to eat pork on the rare side, but I think I would love it with some pink in it.   :Yahoo:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal