Author Topic: So do you Sew 4!  (Read 18797 times)

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: So do you Sew 4!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 19, 2007, 10:52:36 PM »
That is going to be great Christy, so colorful!  Did you lay out the pieces first or just put them together as you went along?

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #26 on: Nov 19, 2007, 11:05:07 PM »
That looks nice, Christy. My grandmother used to do crazy quilts. I loved the little one she made for me. i recognized left over fabrics from the dresses she made for herself.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

christy

« Reply #27 on: Nov 19, 2007, 11:31:07 PM »
thanks! it was easy n fun to do.
as i put the pices together i  pined em down n did like a basting sew on the under parts of the fabric as i went,  the instructions said to glue but i dont like using glue, tends to make the fabric hard to sew through, guess it would be ok if ya have a mechine but i hand sew.  then when i had it all together i sewed the top parts n border.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #28 on: Nov 20, 2007, 12:50:06 AM »
I wouldn't want to use glue when using my machine either. It really gums it up. I've sewn on iron on patches and self sticking velcro. That is a bear.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

MassMama

« Reply #29 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:41:25 AM »
this is fabric for the printer you have to sew down on the project. it is a pain to work with .. but the iron on's don't last as long..  :Groaner:

Nice block christy!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2007, 07:34:52 AM »
Rita you dont sound cheap. All the extras, and neccesities, really add up when making a quilt.
I really like that crazy block Christy!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #31 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:10:55 AM »
Yeah they really do.. I have to finish a few more.. I am running low on the energy tho.. I am making this one Christy helped me with  :BigGrin:

Sure hope it turns out nice!!  :ThumbUp:
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 03:51:02 PM by Dianna »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #32 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:39:32 AM »
That is a really nice design Christy & Rita! I really have to learn how to use paint to do that.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #33 on: Nov 21, 2007, 07:50:12 AM »
 :Whis: I am no good at the paint either Wrennie.. I have better luck printing out the grid and drawing the designs

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #34 on: Nov 21, 2007, 08:02:41 AM »
Thats what I've always done before. Use graph paper and colored pencils. But then I cant put them on here.

MassMama

« Reply #35 on: Nov 21, 2007, 08:04:15 AM »
I usually scan stuff like that.. well if I make a good enough design

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #36 on: Nov 21, 2007, 02:22:46 PM »
Geeez you know, seeing all these patterns and quilts, almost makes me want to try one, but i would have no idea on what i need, have to get, any of that?

MassMama

« Reply #37 on: Nov 21, 2007, 02:37:33 PM »
what I use is Pins a rotary cutter with a mat. (do you have a machine or know how to use one) thread pattern and go for it , it Never hurt anyone to try Penny!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #38 on: Nov 21, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »
Sewing and baking!?! NO way! I can give you sewing tips in February. Darn!! Now I have to clean my craft room too!! :laughmao:

MassMama

« Reply #39 on: Nov 21, 2007, 02:55:10 PM »
 :laughmao: That is a good idea wrennie!  :ThumbUp: Then there is also alot of online tutorials as well she could do it she just has to give it a try :ThumbUp:

christy

« Reply #40 on: Nov 21, 2007, 03:01:10 PM »
 :yesssss:   go for penny!! alls i use ia threadn needle, pins [to hold in place] n sissors,  paper to cut out a shape  or block
lol im proof ya dont realy haveta know anything bout quilting to do it, im self taught n still  learnin the quiltin terms of what im doin,
i just learned the word basting this year! if i pined i always called it pinned together, if i sewed basting i called that tackin  :laughpound: never even knew the word bastin excisted!

MassMama

« Reply #41 on: Nov 22, 2007, 05:59:02 AM »
I think she would be good at it!  :ThumbUp: I still need to put that last one together. :Groaner: Holiday rush!!  :razberry:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #42 on: Nov 22, 2007, 09:57:16 AM »
Sewing and baking!?! NO way! I can give you sewing tips in February. Darn!! Now I have to clean my craft room too!! :laughmao:

You had better get to cleaning there Darlin!!!

christy

« Reply #43 on: Nov 22, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »
yea rita cant wait to see your next one!!!!

penny whatcha thinkin og tryin the demin or reg fabric quilt??

i started out doin just block patterns cause thry are the easyest to do. lol i still do mosty just block patterns:} but thar crazy quilt block was soooo easy too, 
 :Blush: o n i got her directions wrong she didnt glue it all in  :Wacko: so i did it right after all  :laughmao:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #44 on: Nov 22, 2007, 10:08:32 AM »
Well as long as you guys dont mind, i will be picking your brain over the next little while on what to get and what i need.

MassMama

« Reply #45 on: Nov 22, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
Sure Penny no problem pick away  :Whis: if we can't help I am sure we will be able to find something that will help ya out :ThumbUp:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #46 on: Nov 22, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »
 :laughmao: Thats ok Christy.....when i hear the word Basting, i think of a turkey  :laughmao: :laughmao: :laughmao:

christy

« Reply #47 on: Nov 22, 2007, 10:24:08 AM »
i put a couple links in ritas sewin help topic,  you might find them helpful
lol penny i was thinkin the same! what bast my quilt? lol but i thought ya had to wash it in something to perserve it lol

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #48 on: Nov 22, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »
I found them and i saved them, thank you so much Christy, looks like some great info there!!

christy

« Reply #49 on: Nov 23, 2007, 12:38:30 AM »
let us know what ya decide ta do penny  :ThumbUp: they make nice projects to do in the winter months

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 03:50:38 PM by Dianna »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal