Author Topic: Show me your Yarn part 4  (Read 15959 times)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Show me your Yarn part 4
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2008, 09:21:48 AM »
That is an adorable set, Triss. You did very well. Creating your own has so much satisfaction attached, doesn't it?
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2008, 01:22:45 PM »
It sure does Penny.  I just hope I made good enough notes that I can re-do it. :grinnnn:

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
Here is my latest attempt at a new critter.  A turtle.  I need tweak it a bit yet but Mikey sure likes this one.

Offline Patty S

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2008, 03:12:30 AM »
Great looking critters, Triss! :clap: So, what's to tweak on that adorable turtle? :ScratchHead:  It looks exactly like a turtle to me, only the color is more exciting than the ones God made! :wink5: (What are you using for their eyes?  Are they "little kid friendly"?)

You're lucky to have the talent & patience to do what you do with needles & "strings". :ThumbUp:  I'd go bonkers if I tried to sit in one place long enough to put those things together!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 03:16:06 AM by Patty S »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2008, 10:45:43 AM »
Patty,  I would like to be able to not have to tack the head to the body, this one looked like it was grazing before I did that and I want the eyes more up on the head.  Just a bit shorter neck is all I think.  Will see with the next one.

Yes, they are kid friendly eyes.  They are two pieces that snap securely together with the inner part of the eye inside the head.  So far of the two critters that my kids have played with, no eyes have been lost and if my boys cannot manage that, then I feel pretty safe with them.

Offline Patty S

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »
OK, I see what you're saying now. The neck just might make a difference in whether he's grazing or meandering, but he sure is cute. :grinnnn:

You surely don't need to send your creations to a safety testing lab, with those boys doing it all for you! :laughmao:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »
They are my testing lab for sure.  Of course with every new critter I make, one of the kids wants one.  No one got the bunny though I do have a request from Lys.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »
Awwww, another great project Triss!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #83 on: Aug 04, 2008, 03:11:25 PM »
Finished up my latest which is a gift for my niece Melissa.  They found out that they are having a girl, Elena.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #84 on: Aug 04, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »
Awwww, Triss! I am sure she will love it. I bet you can't wait to see the baby.... :grinnnn:

Those little turtles are adorable, too. Sure wish I had your talent...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #85 on: Aug 04, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »
Thank you Dianna... I cannot wait to see Melissa.  She is going to be visiting the family next week.  Her mom is planning her baby shower so I am glad I finished up her stuff.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #86 on: Aug 04, 2008, 04:45:45 PM »
That is an eye-popping pink. They won' t lose sight of their baby wrapped in that. Very cute, Triss. Another well done job.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #87 on: Aug 04, 2008, 09:14:53 PM »
Great job Triss. I love the pink, and the bunny is adorable.
This is me ->?

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #88 on: Aug 15, 2008, 02:00:30 PM »
Great critters Triss.  Love the turtle.

I'm beginning to learn tunisian crochet. Its pretty cool. Tried a couple ifferent stitches. It'll be a while before i "master" any of them. Heres another good crochet instruction site I found
http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=45
I dont remember if its already been mentioned or not.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #89 on: Aug 15, 2008, 08:45:10 PM »
I learned that as the afghan stitch, Wrennie. But I'll be darned if I can find afghan hooks anywhere around here.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #90 on: Aug 16, 2008, 07:26:17 AM »
I found one in JoAnns. And I mean one. One size only. No empty hooks for other sizes, no other stores had any. I didn't look at Ben Franklins. Maybe I'll check there next time i go down to Kingston.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #91 on: Aug 19, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
Those are so adorable Triss!!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #92 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:42:29 PM »
As of late I have not been able to go out and buy more yarn and I have come to the end of my baby afghan yarn so I went digging today for something else to do and came across the large pile of thick yarns that I have had laying around and had not figured out what to do with them.  I have put them together and pulled them apart so many times trying to figure out what kind of scrapghan I want to make and tonight I finally figured it out.

So the plan is to make 4 squares out of my scraps, each about 3 feet wide.  Each row in the individual square will be a different remnant with some of the squares having the same kind of yarn and other yarns that I have less of only appearing in one or two squares.  One they are all done, I will block them out with a single color and put all 4 together each facing a different way.  I think... I hope... that it will end up looking cool.

Until then, this is version two of what I lovingly refer to as my Ugly Blanket.

I have started all 4 squares and this is what I have as of right now.

(clickable)

So what do you think?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #93 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:46:55 PM »
I think that your "ugly" blanket will be quite purty when you are through with it, Triss... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #94 on: Sep 10, 2008, 11:51:45 PM »
I am really liking it so far Dianna.  Love working with all of the yarns that have been prior projects.  The only problem I thought about is that I never did keep track of who I gave scarves to.  I thought I had that list somewhere but it has disappeared now.  Bummer.  Friends may be getting extra scarves if they do not let me know they have one.  :grinnnn:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #95 on: Sep 11, 2008, 10:17:30 AM »
That will look cool when its done.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #96 on: Sep 11, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »
I sure hope so Wrennie, I am just glad I finally have something to do that I like with this yarn.  And now I know I will have a place for all of my chunky winter project remnants to go as well.  No more bins of yarns sitting around for me.  That will make my closet less cluttered and my husband happy too.  A win win situation for sure.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #97 on: Sep 11, 2008, 11:14:26 AM »
On crochetville they make "magic balls'. They can be done with or without charms or beads. Basically take all your same weight yarn make a ball, tie on the next piece, keep winding, tie on the next  till all your scrps make 1 big ball then crochet away. Whatever you make from it becomes very random.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #98 on: Sep 11, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »
I guess I do that with my original scrapghan but I add to it as I use up the yarn rather than making a big ball.   The stuff going into this one is a mix of many different weights though so that was why I was having such a problem with it.  I have seen some of the amazing scrapghans over at crochetville and other places.  They really do turn out great.  It is such a good way to use up leftover yarns.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #99 on: Sep 11, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
Time to start a new yarn topic... :grinnnn:

:lock1:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal