Author Topic: Whats for dinner 7...  (Read 14945 times)

Offline patches

Re: Whats for dinner 7...
« Reply #25 on: Feb 12, 2008, 01:03:45 AM »
Wow, that sounds very interesting, Sarah, but I think it would be even more interesting if you would be kind enough to share the recipe with us!  :yesssss:  PLEASE!!!  :NewHug:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #26 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:52:55 AM »
That's good to know barleychown.  Glad you shared that.  Defrosting in the microwave reduces the flavor of meat it seems to me.  So that is great information.  Because I am always forgetting to get the meat out of the freezer early enough for it to defrost in the refrigerator.

I took the left over turkey and cut it into small pieces and mixed it with red onions, celery and mayonaise it was wonderful with a couple of slices of bread.  I have enough left over for lunch today.

Tonight will be the last of the roast beef and red potatoes boiled in beef broth yum.  And some sour dough rolls if I can find some at the store when I go today.

Im going grocery shoppign today so tomorrow is completely unknown until after the trip lol.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:55:45 PM »
Here is the recipe link for the chicken:

http://www.recipezaar.com/95032

I also take a beef roast straight from the freezer to the crockpot with great results. I prefer to cook mine with a packet of onion soup mix, 1/3 cup or so of worcheshire sauce, and enough water to fill the crockpot about 1/2 way up the roast. This works great for shredded beef for nachos, or enchiladas. :ThumbUp:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #28 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:06:04 PM »
I'm at a loss tonight. I have hamburger defrosted and ready to go. But I'm not sure where it is going? It is already after 5 pm.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

MassMama

« Reply #29 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »
Tonight I had some beef stew and corn bread.. Boy it is sure cold up here it warmed me right up  :clap: :542:

Tacos always work for me in a burger decision Tina  :542:

Offline patches

« Reply #30 on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:50:07 AM »
Thanks a bunch for the recipe, Sarah!   :thx:  It sounds really great and with the added bonus of 1 lb. mushrooms, it should be fantastic!!!   :yesssss:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2008, 06:55:30 AM »
It's the last of the roast beef and potatoes tonight.  Tomorrow I'll actually have to cook again.

I didn't get to the grocery store yesterday.  The rain was turning to ice as soon as it hit the pavement.  I told my friend to head directly home and not to bother with taking me shopping way to dangerous.  Not to mention, that I am the person that always falls if you even mention snow or ice. 

So who knows I may be living on the canned stuff for a few days.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #32 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »
Last night was a pork tenderloin that I chopped up and cooked in some homemade BBQ sauce, baked beans and steamed cabbage. It sure was yummy!! :542:

Not sure what's on the menu for tonight...... haven't even taken anything out to thaw, yet....

Offline patches

« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2008, 06:02:12 PM »
Well, tonight it's going to be corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, rye bread and lots of horseradish!!!   :yesssss:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #34 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:19:15 AM »
We had .....ummm....I'm not sure what to call it. I took pork tenderloin steaks and butterflied them, seared them, them put them in a casserole dish. Over that I put a mixture of tomatoes, garlic, onion, cream of celery soup, oregano, rosemary, and spinach. Served with noodles. It sure was good!! :542:

Tonight is......maybe steak. I'm not sure.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »
Tonight we are having tuna casserole.  Fancy, eh?  End of the paycheck for us. 

Offline patches

« Reply #36 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
Well, tonight I will finally reap the rewards of last night's dinner.  ;)  I'm making Reuben sandwiches, home-made potato salad and canned pears with mayonnaise.  :banana02:  Of course, I have kosher spears to go with my sandwich.   :wink5: 
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2008, 09:22:36 PM by patches »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2008, 01:27:53 AM »
Tonight I was alone so I cooked up some chili mac. I'm the only one who likes it so I don't do it often. Ted doesn't eat and Jonni is off babysitting. John is at the hospital drinking barium stuff for a scan so I got to cook for just me. A rare treat. Now tomorrow, I've got steaks ready to broil.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #38 on: Feb 15, 2008, 07:37:56 AM »
tonight is a pork roast with boiled potatoes and fresh tomatoes.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 15, 2008, 07:48:15 PM »
Tonight was chicken helper with some extra broccoli thrown in and some fresh parm on top.  Not the most wonderful but at least it didn't get my kitchen dirty!

Offline patches

« Reply #40 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:25:49 PM »
Well, it's Friday again, so I made Baked Talipia with a lemon butter sauce, twice-baked potato and fresh asparagus. ;)  It tasted really graet, but I was hungry.   :Whis:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #41 on: Feb 16, 2008, 09:38:08 AM »
leftovers tonight lol.  he he he he he he he he he he eh

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 16, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »
Tonight I fixed up some whole wheat waffles with the blueberry sauce the girls and I canned up this fall.  I really love eating the stuff we canned.  It's so much fun and the girls are always so proud!

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 17, 2008, 10:24:40 PM »
Tonight I fixed up some of my much loved Spaghetti and Meatballs.  Sooooo good.  Can't wait to eat leftovers for lunch!

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 18, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »
Looks like I'm the only person eating here, these days.  :giggle: Tonight fixed up some chicken fajitas and homemade tortillas.  Served up with, my fav, tons of SHARP cheddar.  Mmmmmm. 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #45 on: Feb 18, 2008, 09:07:45 PM »
Naw, we eat too.  Tonight was a lil of this and that pulled together.  There were fajitas, hamburgers, italian sausage, shrimp and mac n cheese.   Clearing out the bits of this and that hanging around and I did not really feel like cooking a big meal.  It worked and was quick.  Everyone got what they liked.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #46 on: Feb 18, 2008, 09:10:54 PM »
Steak and baked potatoes for Jonni and I . A salad on the side and we are good to go. She has been sucking up v-8 fusion and I am glad about that.

Offline patches

« Reply #47 on: Feb 19, 2008, 02:28:38 AM »
Well, it's really been very cold all day, so I made some of my ham and potato soup for   dinner and had cornbread muffins.  ;)   It certainly took the chill off!   :yesssss:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #48 on: Feb 19, 2008, 07:44:49 AM »
Last night we had homemade pizzas with hamburger meat, pesto for sauce, sliced tomatoes, green peppers, onion, LOTS of mozzerella, and pepperoni. I put jalepenos on Mine and Doug's pizza, too! :542: I think they liked it- I only got 2 pieces out of 2 pizzas. :Crybaby:

Tonight is Chicken breaded with Itallian bread crumbs with Mozzerella and a tomato sauce, green beans, and I think I will try scallopped potatoes. :542: Now I am HUNGRY!!

MassMama

« Reply #49 on: Feb 19, 2008, 07:49:52 AM »
Tonight I am making Lasagna with homemade Mozzerella cheese I made yesterday ..
Tonya your dinner Sounds GOOD!! :542:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal