Author Topic: Whats for dinner 7...  (Read 14948 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Re: Whats for dinner 7...
« Reply #50 on: Feb 19, 2008, 09:52:03 AM »
I babysit this afternoon so it is a quick meal for us: mac n cheese with hot dog slices.  I'd rather go to Rita's or Tonya's for dinner, though.  Both ya'll dinners sound so wonderful!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #51 on: Feb 19, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »
We are going over to visit with my MIL and have dinner there.  FIL is busy tonight so we are keeping her company.  I have no idea what is on the menu.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 21, 2008, 10:37:49 AM »
Tonight I'm fixing cabbage rolls.  They are cooking in the crock pot as I type.  Lindsay helped me make them and was more than eager to stick her hands in the meat mixture and mix it up.   :BigGrin:  She was a very big help!   :yay_jump:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #53 on: Feb 21, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »
Last night we had Glop(Hamburger meat with garlic, onions, some sort of green veggie, and tomatoes) over rice. I usually have it over mashed taters, but we had them the night before.
Tonight will be pork chops, brussel sprouts, and noodles with duh's Hollandaise sauce! :542: Yummo!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #54 on: Feb 21, 2008, 10:46:14 PM »
Tonight we had sandwiches.  I picked up a bunch of cheeses and deli meats and everyone got what they wanted.  It was so good.  I had fried pastrami and then a turkey sandwich. 

MassMama

« Reply #55 on: Feb 22, 2008, 09:06:48 PM »
Tonight we had steak fajitas ... boy they turned out wonderful!! I am so stuffed right now ... :542:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #56 on: Feb 22, 2008, 10:51:52 PM »
I took Jim out last night to Cracker Barrel. Tonight I took him to eat Mexican food at Los Sanchez. Took Megan and her crew with us tonight, so Reyla and Destiny could help Grandpa celebrate another birthday dinner.... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

christy

« Reply #57 on: Feb 23, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »
 :542:  im makin either stuffed peppers or pepper meat loaf,  i havent decided, think ill go for the meatloaf,  there the same but diffrent, instead of stuffin the peppers i chop em up n add to the meatloaf/ peper stuffin.  i seem to make a bigger meal that way cause i can only fit so many peppers in the pan.  :Wacko:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #58 on: Feb 23, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
I have a pot roast in the crock with onions, carrots and potatoes. I also have some beef bones roasting for some au jus for some beef dips I'm planning for tomorrow. (different beef). I've been cooking up a lot of bacon at once and freezing the cooked strips. My family has been enjoying the ease of pulling out a strip or two at a time and adding to sandwiches or eggs.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #59 on: Feb 24, 2008, 12:53:32 AM »
The other night I fixed Chili and rice, my gourmet poor mans meal it was really goooooooood. Easy to make and easy to clean... yep I am a typical man.  :9536:
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

Offline patches

« Reply #60 on: Feb 24, 2008, 04:41:19 AM »
Tonight I made meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, peas with pearl onions and some stewed apples.  It sure hit the spot on a cold, snowy night! ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #61 on: Feb 24, 2008, 07:28:51 AM »
Hi Jay, I'm not a guy but I love easy to fix and easy to clean meals.  And hearty soups, stews and chili are great when it is cold outside.

MassMama

« Reply #62 on: Feb 24, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »
last night Keith made shrip and broccoli in a white wine cream sauce it was Really good!!  :542:
He is typical as well  :giggle:
I love a meal that is quick and easy!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 24, 2008, 04:20:17 PM »
Last night we had Hot Wings - homemade.  And, oh goodness, they were good.  And I have to say THANK YOU!!!! To Tonya for recommending Texas Pete's Hot Sauce.  It wasn't too spicy and had excellent flavor.  The kids didn't complain more than a few times about the wings being spicy and, more importantly, they ate it all.  Adam loved them and asked me to make them again.  I served them with ranch dressing, grapes, and Papa Johns Cinnamon stick things leftover from girl scouts. 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #64 on: Feb 24, 2008, 04:41:40 PM »
Tonight we are having ham, scalloped potatoes and green bean casserole.

Offline patches

« Reply #65 on: Feb 24, 2008, 09:58:39 PM »
Tonight I fixed pork chops, mashed potatoes with country gravy, spinach with sliced eggs on top and some fried apples.   

Sarah, your Hot Wings sound good!  I haven't had any for quite some time.  I like mine with celery sticks and Blue Cheese dressing.  ;) 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #66 on: Feb 25, 2008, 06:42:03 AM »
Tonight it is liver and onions.  I love liver and onions and I haven't had it in an age.  Hope noone is upset by my choice of vittles. 

MassMama

« Reply #67 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:28:08 PM »
I am sooo not sure what I am making for dinner tonight. Perhaps some stroganoff..
Duh lots of people love that .. I don't but eat what ya like.. My mom used to make it all the time.. It was my least favorite meal.. And she used to have spinich on the side too .. I can't tell ya How Bad I wanted a dog  :laughmao:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #68 on: Feb 25, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
I LOVE liver and onions!! :542: So does Doug- We may have it this weekend while Summer is at her dad's. Tonight is a pork roast. Potatoes, onions and carrots. Yum!

Offline patches

« Reply #69 on: Feb 25, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »
My mom used to make it all the time.. It was my least favorite meal.

Geesh, this sounds vaguely familiar, Rita.  Although my mom didn't make it all the time she did love it and this was one of those things I just never could acquire a taste for liver and onions, even though I tried it several times.  :smileyNo:  Of course, there's a lot of things I love to eat that many of my friends would not even touch, such as medium rare meat.   :dunno:
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2008, 03:35:55 PM by patches »

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 25, 2008, 04:47:23 PM »
Much to my husband's chagrin, I absolutely refuse to prepare liver and onions--I will not eat them (here or there, I will not eat them anywhere!  ~too much Dr. Suess, I guess).  Tonight it is cheddar potato soup.  It's windy and cold out - perfect soup weather!!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #71 on: Feb 25, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »
Tonight is baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy along with corn.

Offline patches

« Reply #72 on: Feb 25, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »
Well, I've been working on putting comments and suggestions on the student's Dream Journals all afternoon, so I hadn't even thought about dinner.  :smileyNo:  I finally got hungry and made some Tuna Casserole with fresh fruit salad.  It was quick and easy, which I like!  ;)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #73 on: Feb 26, 2008, 12:31:48 PM »
Tonight I'm fixing up beef and mushroom pockets with green beans on the side.  I sure wish I had salad fixings! 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #74 on: Feb 26, 2008, 02:33:08 PM »
Tonight is steak, baked potatoes and artichokes.  Chicken strips for the kiddos who do not care for steak.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal