Author Topic: so do you Sew ~7~  (Read 14927 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
so do you Sew ~7~
« on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:54:51 AM »
So I guess we do Sew!  :Wow: Topic 7 on it already! :thspeechless-vi:

I'm bringing my picture over here for opinions. what color should I use for the back of the pillow? I thought darker tan, like the first outline, or dark red like the edgge.
Rita said sage green.
Of course my final decision will be dictated by what i find in my fabric bins! :giggle:

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008, 10:00:59 AM by Wrennie »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: so do you Sew ~7~
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:59:09 AM »
Wrennie, that turned out so nice!!  I love the edge colors you choose and hope you can find a nice backing for it!  Great job!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »
That looks beautiful, Wrennie!! I think it would look nice with the darker tan. Can't wait to see the finished product! :ThumbUp:

MassMama

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2008, 10:20:27 PM »
Sorry Wrennie when I looked on the computer at work it looked like it had a lot of green in it .. I need to adjust the color on that one I thing lol ... I would go with any shade of red tan or brown that you come across.. Or even a grey pink or black  :rofl1: you could put just about any color with it and it would look beautiful .. Wonderful Job!! Its very Beautiful!  :ThumbUp: i would just keep going and make a quilt  :Whis: :BigGrin: :laughmao:

christy

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:17:20 PM »
a red or darker tan would match nice, corse it depends on your bin   :giggle:  its up to the bin!
corse you could do another for the back , make it a reversable pillow  :Whis : not that ya need another project  :giggle:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2008, 08:26:11 AM »
I couldnt find enough of any one fabric that worked. I could have sworn i had a big piece of black broadcloth somewhere.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »
I love it, it looks great Wren, cant wait to see some more!!

christy

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:00:13 AM »
how big of a pice do ya need wrennie?   i could look in my stash n see if i have somthing, i dont think you scrap quilt, but i have acouple prints i got from wallmart, haveta see what i got
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2008, 10:32:34 AM by christy »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
I'm going to make the back overlap so you can take out the pillow form and wash the cover. So I need a piece 19" by 23". or 2 pieces 19" by 11 1/2"
I have to go through my bins again. I looked kind of quick.

christy

« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
tonya hows your apple core comming along?
find anything wrennie? i found a dark red n light tan in the size ya need

the dot on em is from my camra, its done that since we first got it,  :nutz:
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:02:53 PM by Dianna »

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2008, 05:44:17 PM »
That's beautiful.I'm sure it will look no matter what color you use, but I like the darker tan color you have on the front.
This is me ->?

christy

« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
  :grinnnn:  hubs went gamblin fridaynight  n won a few extra bucks! so he got me a brother sewing machine.

i think he got tierd of fixin the lil one   :Whis:   he said this one should work better 
this is what i did today, its gonna be a throw,

soon as hubs gets home ill have him rethread the bobber so i can finish  :Whis:  :laughmao:
alotta the points dont match up, im not use to mechine sewin, but im not picky either. so dont bother me none, i just noticed how harder it is to on a mechine than hand sewin, you seem to have more control with the fabric when you hand sew, least for me anyhow.  maybe next time ill bast sew by hand then mechine sew n see how it turns out.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 04:04:38 PM by Dianna »

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2008, 09:17:05 PM »
Good for you Christy. That was real nice of the hubby. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
This is me ->?

christy

« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »
thanks bonnie  :grinnnn:  hubs was havin fun with it showing all the diffrent stiches n stuff,   :laughmao:  he was showin me to much at once n that confuses me  :Wacko:  then he asked wich stich i wanted it on? ,  :shock:  :ScratchHead:  i just said a stright stich    :laughmao:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »
I think that is just like my machine, Christy. Too bad ya'll don't live close enough to give me a few lessons.
This is me ->?

Offline Tonya

« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2008, 07:40:28 AM »
Way to go Hubs!! I think you did a great job, Christy!! The more you use it, the easier it will be for you- I need to pull mine out and get used to it again!!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2008, 08:49:17 AM »
Nice machine Christy! I havent looked in my bins again for fabric. Maybe tomorrow when I'm home i'll look. And the skull is coming along great!

christy

« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »
thanks, i figure the more i use it the more ill get use to it,
wrennie ya think it looks like a skull?  :grinnnn:  i love that pattern, every one has a diffrent opion of what it looks like, i just call it the face,  someone told me they thought it looked like a grollia face, and a tiki guy face n i herd a skull too. i was thinkin if i did it in browns it would look like a lion face.
i didnt have anything in mind when i did the face pattern, just somthing diffrent, but it dose make a nice "what is it topic"  :laughmao:   when i get time think ill make more odd faces patterns  :BigGrin:

MassMama

« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
Nice Christy .. I have the same machine as well!!
If ya need any help with the bobbin let me know and I can help you set it up!! Which part are you having a problem with filling it or with putting it in the machine?
Great machine I would buy another one if mine ever died! I have had it near 10 years with out any problem.

christy

« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »
hubs showed me how to thread  n wind the bobin last night, but when i did it this morn the bobin in the bobinholder it kept falling out of its place, ill show it to him later today, i musta put it in wrong ,  :Wacko:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2008, 12:25:30 PM »
What a good husband Christy, the machine looks great!!  :grinnnn: :grinnnn: :grinnnn:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »
Awesome gift there Christy!  And I am so impressed with how much you got sewn in one day.  You sure work fast and on a new machine as well.  Now how wide is that quilt?

christy

« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
triss its only bout 29 inches across. i plan to put a wide black border on it. to make it bigger.
i got the reat of the strips done this morn just need to sew em on soon as the bobber gets fixed.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »
That will be a nice size for sure.  You work fast!  I still have my strips together for Lys' quilt and I have not touched them in over a week.

christy

« Reply #24 on: Feb 05, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »
i got it done today,   :grinnnn:  the top anyhow, wish i could post a pic but my camra dont hook up to this puter.  me n bb also started another small throw outta some blocks i had already cut long time ago. there stripes with flowers here n there, we sewed em in a basket weve pattern. with a green borer.maybe make a patchwork for the back.  ill haveta remember to take the camara up wallmart n get em on a cd.
its faster sewin with the mechine when bb helps  :grinnnn:
cause when i hand sew she wants to pull the needle up through every stich, but with the mechine she just lets the pressure foot down n turns the nob that turns the needle down into the fabric,  then i zip........ sew its done   :ThumbUp:
we also practiced with the zigzag stiches for appliqueing,  n got out martins airbrushed t-shirts,  i think i got enough to border em to finaly make a top with, 
 :BigGrin:  we had a blast today, if i dont watch ill have a bunch of tops n no  finished quilts  :laughmao:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal